FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Terrorist Group LTTE is terminated

Rajiev
LTTE defeated; Sri Lanka liberated from terror

Quote:
Sri Lankan armed force have militarily defeated the LTTE and freed the nation from three decades of terror, Army Chief Lieutenant General Sarath Fonseka announced.

Meanwhile, defence sources on the battlefront said all top LTTE leaders were believed to be killed during their abortive attempt to flee from advancing troops this morning (May 1Cool. According to the sources, troops have found a burnt body suspected to be of LTTE chief V. Prabhakaran. However, the sources said that positive identification is yet to be made.

Also, unconfirmed sources revealed that LTTE’s intelligence wing leader Pottu Amman and Sea Tiger wing leader Soosai were killed in today’s battle.

from - http://www.defence.lk/new.asp?fname=20090518_10

Who is LTTE ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTTE

Now who said terrorists cant be militarily defeated.

achowles
Good news! It may have taken more than 30 years. But it was achieved in the end. Let's hope the same can be achieved with the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. Especially now that the former have taken root in a country with nuclear weapons.
HamsterMan
Altough I wouldn't refer to them as a terrorist group. They were a military organization. It' still good to see them go.
Zombie
I agree they are not a terrorist group...
achowles
HamsterMan wrote:
Altough I wouldn't refer to them as a terrorist group. They were a military organization. It' still good to see them go.

They were among the first to use suicide bombing as a tactic and used that against civilian targets. They abducted civilians. They initiated a campaign of ethnic cleansing in the territories they occupied. They were recognised as a terrorist group by most western nations. I don't honestly see how they can use terror tactics and not be a terrorist group. Hell, they pioneered some of the most commonly used terror tactics practised today.
umeshtangnu
achowles wrote:
HamsterMan wrote:

They were among the first to use suicide bombing as a tactic and used that against civilian targets. They abducted civilians. They initiated a campaign of ethnic cleansing in the territories they occupied. They were recognised as a terrorist group by most western nations. I don't honestly see how they can use terror tactics and not be a terrorist group. Hell, they pioneered some of the most commonly used terror tactics practised today.

Along with use of women and children in terrorist attacks .
achowles
umeshtangnu wrote:

And so the list goes on and on. The only people who can't see them as terrorists are the ones who can't look deeper than "oh look, they claim they're liberationists. Well that's all I need to know".
Hogwarts
umeshtangnu wrote:

Yep, because the life of a woman is worth vastly more than that of a man. What horrible, horrible people! Rolling Eyes
umeshtangnu
achowles wrote:
umeshtangnu wrote:

And so the list goes on and on. The only people who can't see them as terrorists are the ones who can't look deeper than "oh look, they claim they're liberationists. Well that's all I need to know".

or politicians
achowles
Hogwarts wrote:
umeshtangnu wrote:

Yep, because the life of a woman is worth vastly more than that of a man. What horrible, horrible people! Rolling Eyes

Oh of course, they're wonderful people for using children in their attacks. For their genocidal practices. For their suicide bombing of civilian targets including Buddhist shines. What wonderful people indeed. How could I be so blind?
Hogwarts
achowles wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
umeshtangnu wrote:

Oh of course, they're wonderful people for using children in their attacks. For their genocidal practices. For their suicide bombing of civilian targets including Buddhist shines. What wonderful people indeed. How could I be so blind?

You're either two fries short of a Happy Meal, or you're a failure when it comes to sarcasm. Either you're saying that the life of a woman is more valuable than that of a man, or you're using sarcasm for the wrong means Rolling Eyes
achowles
Hogwarts wrote:

You're either two fries short of a Happy Meal, or you're a failure when it comes to sarcasm. Either you're saying that the life of a woman is more valuable than that of a man, or you're using sarcasm for the wrong means Rolling Eyes

I never made any claim regarding the value of one gender over the other. I just found it to be an astounding level of blinkered, enforced ignorance (or outright stupidity) that someone could pick that one facet of an argument against a terrorist organisation and use that to make that terrorist group seem inoffensive.
Hogwarts wrote:
"What horrible, horrible people!"

If you disagree with any assertion of gender superiority, then by all means do so. You'd actually have my support in that. But to use that to undermine the atrocities committed by terrorists is either retarded or sympathetic to their genocidal and terrorist actions. I'm hoping it's the former.
Hogwarts
achowles wrote:
I never made any claim regarding the value of one gender over the other. I just found it to be an astounding level of blinkered, enforced ignorance (or outright stupidity) that someone could pick that one facet of an argument against a terrorist organisation and use that to make that terrorist group seem inoffensive.

And yet, I was not even talking about the terrorist group, I was talking about wonderfully intelligent people who use the phrase "women and children" to make their argument seem stronger Rolling Eyes
achowles
Hogwarts wrote:

And yet, I was not even talking about the terrorist group, I was talking about wonderfully intelligent people who use the phrase "women and children" to make their argument seem stronger Rolling Eyes

Then why use the word "people"? Only one person made the comment. Why even fuss over it anyway, under the circumstances? Even if that is what you meant you're still being incredibly petty given the subject matter.
Rajiev
I cant honestly think Wat Kind of a moran cant See LTTE as a Group of Terrorists.

perhaps Relatives of Prabakaran :p

If the No 1 terrorist Group of the World even having air power is not terrorists, Then Who the F*** are ??? Razz