FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tips for good WYSIWYG software to set up personal web album

rarasmu
Anyone have any good ideas for a place to start?

It doesn't have to be WYSIWYG,...but it might help.

Thank you,
Ryan
budazz
rarasmu wrote:
Anyone have any good ideas for a place to start?

It doesn't have to be WYSIWYG,...but it might help.

Thank you,
Ryan

what do you mean?... Rolling Eyes
misterdimiz
I've just posted here

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14082

Join! Laughing
Phil
A couple of very good editors are:
NVU... a very good WYSIWYG editor.
And HTML Kit. I keep trying different editors, but I always come back to this one. At first, it can be a little overwhelming (lots of tabs and functions) but once you get the hang of it, I think you'll be satisfied.
ck88
I use Photoshop CS2 to create web albums. It's fully automated and creates web albums from several different templates. There are even Flash templates that include sound if you want to. All you have to do is specify the pictures you want to upload and do some inputs like pic title, email or feedback form. Then you let Photoshop create the album together with thumbnails. Afterwards you can still change the code to adapt it to your liking.
DoctorBeaver
The best gallery/album creator I've come across is JAlbum which is available free from http://jalbum.net/download.jsp?ref=top.
It has lots of layouts to choose from & the facility for you to modify the templates or even create your own. It's very easy to use and the results are fabulous.[/url]
sprinqles
I once used Photoshop to make my own photo albums. They are easily customizable. Smile If you have Photoshop, you might want to use that. Just to have a feel of what you're in for. Smile
Chris24
ck88 wrote:
I use Photoshop CS2 to create web albums. It's fully automated and creates web albums from several different templates. There are even Flash templates that include sound if you want to. All you have to do is specify the pictures you want to upload and do some inputs like pic title, email or feedback form. Then you let Photoshop create the album together with thumbnails. Afterwards you can still change the code to adapt it to your liking.

If using photoshop where are you uploading the files to on your server via ftp....
sprinqles
Phil wrote:
A couple of very good editors are:
NVU... a very good WYSIWYG editor.
And HTML Kit. I keep trying different editors, but I always come back to this one. At first, it can be a little overwhelming (lots of tabs and functions) but once you get the hang of it, I think you'll be satisfied.

I've also been using HTML Kit for years now. I've tried other notepads but I always go back to HTML Kit. Smile
seeker
I have used this one now:
http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx