FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is the best Football player , Messi or Ronaldo?

raneez_n
Who deserve to be the best football player of the year?

I strongly believe that Messi deserve to be the Best player. Do you?
kghai3
its either torres or gerrard...cause im a die hard liverpool fan Smile
kirba
yap Messi was the far best player this year and he totally deserves that award!
r4inm4ker
well, they're going to meet each other next wednesday (05/27) in the Champions League Final. So one way to decide who's better is to see who performs better that day (though it's pretty inaccurate because it's just one match, lol).
My7h
I'd go for Ronaldo on this one, he's one crazy dude when he has the ball Very Happy
desonium
I like the way Messi plays.
I like the moves from Ronaldo.

They both have there own qualitys, so I don't gonna pick one out. I think the best footballplayer would be a Ronaldessi.
mtorregiani
I don't like them at all. I wouldn't want them on my team.
I just prefer other players.
_AVG_
I think let's reserve our opinions for after the Champions League final ... if Man Utd win, Ronaldo gets it; if Barca win, Messi gets it
viejo
I think Messi.Because, ver y young and ability.
abilgehanv
i don't like Messi and Ronaldo.

i think best player is Franck lampard. its complete footballerr.
welshsteve
Messi is the better player in my mind. He just gets on with the job. No flashy rubbish, no complaining, no behaving like a baby. Just a genius with a football. Ronaldo is a great player, but his attitude spoils it all.
r4inm4ker
Ronaldo performed pretty well in the UCL final actually, he's the one with most chances on the United sides. Messi didn't have ball so much, but score a header and sealed the win for Barca. I personally prefer Messi to Ronaldo.. the ball seems just glued to his feet when he's dribbling.. never sees others doing like that with the ball. And the acceleration burst is pretty amazing too. As for Ronaldo, he's become more complete footballer now than before (he can dribble, pass,shoot, head, take superb free kick) but I still don't like his attitude that much.
Skye001
Ronaldo is by the best player in the world and i agree with rainmaker but he was by far to gready on Wednesday night and Fergie should have played him on the right or left - but thats just my opinion on the game.

Messi does have the tricks but even people who hate ronaldo love him why? because of his attitude yes he is cocky and a show off but he always wants more. Unfortunately I see him going to real madrid Sad
stel4e
I prefer Messi than Ronaldo Smile Smile Smile
_AVG_
This season we can probably judge who is actually better. Both will be playing in the same league for rival teams ...

I have a feeling Ronaldo will win the battle this season ... let's see ...
natilovesmike
Definitely messi...although I have never seen him play....if Argentina makes it into the world cup...then mayabe I will have a chance to see him play and give a better opinion.
xXDestinyxX
I'd say there both equally the same but If I had to pick it'd be Ronaldo, he's atheltic and smart and msotly because I'm a huge fan of him lol
lagoon
Ronaldo is a bit of a d**k, so I'll have to say Messi.
apptastic
ronaldo for sure
Ben_Carrington
Messi il less complete but better to do dribble. It is very difficult to say. I think it will depend the palmares of each guy at the end of their career.
babarus
Ronaldo
edrine
Sad i think ronaldo is the best
edrine
Surprised they both good but messi is better,althouh are both best players
gverutes
Which one doesn't choke during the World Cup? That's your answer!
asnani04
Messi is one of the best, and so is Ronaldo. To declare a single player as the best would be quite unfair. We have some defenders who are the best in their part of the field, like Nemanja Vidic, Cannavaro, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, William Gallas, and many more.

Then there are goalkeepers too - like Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar (former), Oliver Kahn (former), Brad Friedel and lots more.

So declaring one player as the best won't be right. Razz Shocked
boomer68
My vote is going to Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a best Player.
lfgoroz
Ronaldo believes he is the best player. Messi is the best. That's the difference between them
fredynis
Messi!
mazito
i think is messi

i cheers for Real Madrid but Barcelona plays better tahn any other team in the world

and in both cases they need to probe it in national teams

Ronaldo is the second, has the kill instincs, is espectacular, but is not shy like Messi and it plays agosint him.
ujjwalshrestha
Messi is the best, Ronaldo is no compare.
pastpapers
Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo just Ronaldo is best player at this i love Ronaldo
portoskt
messi of course... ronaldo is not player for big games, he always dissapear in important situation on the field
ujjwalshrestha
After the superb performance in Champions League, I don't think Messi needs to prove more. He is the best football player ever. Better than Maradona, Zidane. It's not only because of the number of goals he has made, it's because of the way he play. He has turned the football into some form of art. The way he play is real beauty. Because of the player like him, the children are inspired to play football. About Ronaldo - don't remember if he exist anymore - you have to be a desperate chick to love him - and obviously for the reason other than football. Wink
alimddine
I prefer Messi but they both make a good show.
ujjwalshrestha
In few years, Ronaldo will be forgotten, Messi will be legend. Laughing
Ronaldo is like Roberto Baggio, if anyone still remember him, more show off than substance.
asnani04
This depends on the situation. If you talk of international outings, Cristiano Ronaldo is far better than Lionel Messi. Look at their records for Portugal and Argentina respectively - Ronaldo has certainly proved that he is as fluent and as aggressive for Portugal as he is for his clubs. On the other hand, Messi clearly hasn't been as effective as him for his national side.

In clubs though, Messi's records are non-challengeable. His 5 goal rout of Leverkusen just proved that point beyond argument. Also, he has scored 50 goals in this season, 10 better than Ronaldo. He has been the top scorer in Champions' League in the past three seasons, and is continuing it this season too. Need any more proof? He has won Ballon D'Or so many times that we can't count on fingers. Very Happy
TheLimey
Neither, Its funny that all the "Bet players" are in the Spanish league... it is because the spanish league is NOT a good league and so "decent" players look outstanding. Real Madrid N Barcelona are good teams but every week play against crappy teams. The premiership is easily the best league so for worlds best player you would need to look at Rooney or Van Persie
ujjwalshrestha
TheLimey wrote:
Neither, Its funny that all the "Bet players" are in the Spanish league... it is because the spanish league is NOT a good league and so "decent" players look outstanding. Real Madrid N Barcelona are good teams but every week play against crappy teams. The premiership is easily the best league so for worlds best player you would need to look at Rooney or Van Persie

Rooney - Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Messi is way ahead of looney's game
jlsilva
Messi is the best because he has win 4 ballon d'ors and ronaldo is already in his 30's, so it will be very difficult for him to improve and maintain the form
playfungames
In generic terms, both the players are awesome. They show their skills, win games and have a lot of fan followings. I think there is no scientific study done on their skills to actually tabulate who has the better skills or who the better player is.

But personally, I prefer Messi over Ronaldo.
wsycarlos
I think Messi is 99% talent with 95% hardwork and Ronaldo is 95% talent with 99% hard work. They are all great.
chrislim
welshsteve wrote:
Messi is the better player in my mind. He just gets on with the job. No flashy rubbish, no complaining, no behaving like a baby. Just a genius with a football. Ronaldo is a great player, but his attitude spoils it all.

I totally agree with this.
MattewPalmer
Messi is the best!
Homeandstylesg
Messi is good one player of FIFA.