FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UPA back to power

hunnyhiteshseth
So people result of elections of biggest democracy are out -- UPA is voted back to power and with much more support!!

What do you think about these results?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/pm-resigns-prez-to-invite-new-govt-on-tue/92866-37.html

Here is my analysis:-

1) Finally congress will be able to make a government without support of Left and possibly other nagging regional parties.

2) This will indicate more liberation of government sector. The positive jump of sensex is a prove of this.

3) Finally this may come true, but I hope it doesnt, congress may actually divide india along caste lines by again raising the reservation issue. Crying or Very sad
deanhills
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
So people result of elections of biggest democracy are out -- UPA is voted back to power and with much more support!!

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/pm-resigns-prez-to-invite-new-govt-on-tue/92866-37.html

1) Finally congress will be able to make a government without support of Left and possibly other nagging regional parties.

2) This will indicate more liberation of government sector. The positive jump of sensex is a prove of this.

3) Finally this may come true, but I hope it doesnt, congress may actually divide india along caste lines by again raising the reservation issue. Crying or Very sad
I am not that knowledgeable about the political situation in India. Off the top of my head perhaps the re-election of the present Government would be good for the economy as people will probably feel safe with a familiar Government and especially one that was re-elected with a majority vote. International projects that have been started by Singh will be able to continue without any change.
hunnyhiteshseth
deanhills wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I am not that knowledgeable about the political situation in India. Off the top of my head perhaps the re-election of the present Government would be good for the economy as people will probably feel safe with a familiar Government and especially one that was re-elected with a majority vote. International projects that have been started by Singh will be able to continue without any change.

Yes, thats true. Infact he is a renowned economist and considered the architect of 1991 reforms which had put India on a fast-track of economic development.
atul2242
Well he, Manmohan Singh belongs to the same breed of economists who have led to the present world crisis. And so do his policies.

The people obviously wanted and needed a stable government, especially one which gave India a good name internationally.

That is why the congress was voted to power, maybe also the lack of any other party with even a semblance of any serious issue.

But still 3 or more farmers commit suicide every day in India... India Shining is just middle class Gloss.
hunnyhiteshseth
atul2242 wrote:
Well he, Manmohan Singh belongs to the same breed of economists who have led to the present world crisis. And so do his policies.

The people obviously wanted and needed a stable government, especially one which gave India a good name internationally.

That is why the congress was voted to power, maybe also the lack of any other party with even a semblance of any serious issue.

But still 3 or more farmers commit suicide every day in India... India Shining is just middle class Gloss.

I think atul you got it wrong there. The present crisis is the result of 'extreme right' behaviour of government in the west. Although, Dr. Singh favoured deregulation but only to the extend of cutting the red tape. Remember he predicted the impending crisis as back as March 2008 when he along with then Finance Minister P. Chidambaram included a de facto stimulus package within the budget itself!
deanhills
I have no inside knowledge, but from the outside in Singh gives a very strong presence of India in world politics. Probably the most stable in quite a long time. He is quite respected on the international level. Domestically I wouldn't know, seems as though citizens of a country may always be looking at their leaders in different ways that people on an international level.
atul2242
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I think atul you got it wrong there. The present crisis is the result of 'extreme right' behaviour of government in the west. Although, Dr. Singh favoured deregulation but only to the extend of cutting the red tape. Remember he predicted the impending crisis as back as March 2008 when he along with then Finance Minister P. Chidambaram included a de facto stimulus package within the budget itself!

Maybe I am wrong only time can tell...
But I just wish that these economic policies which seem to be pushing India are not so devastrating for the poor farmers.
These people choose to end their lives and of their children rather than Beg, Steal or do anything wrong.
Who is responsible? According to Ms. Vandana Shiva it is the farming and economic policies of the Indian politics of today.
Are these policies being dictated by the present agronomists of the world who all owe allegiance to GM companies like Monsanto.
It is quite clear that the present agro-policies being followed are leading to the death of the self-sufficient small farmer in India.
They are about 300 million of them....
And we are part of the genocide they are going through.

Rolling Eyes

I am sorry but I feel bad being a spectator. Crying or Very sad
atul2242
deanhills wrote:
I have no inside knowledge, but from the outside in Singh gives a very strong presence of India in world politics. Probably the most stable in quite a long time. He is quite respected on the international level. Domestically I wouldn't know, seems as though citizens of a country may always be looking at their leaders in different ways that people on an international level.

Well the Indian economy is recovering from the exploitation it faced as a colony.
It was always strong and vied for ... remember Columbas set out to find India .....
With no ill feelings towards anybody the facts are that Mr. Singh till recently was not even an elected but a nominated representative in the Indian parliament...

It is just a matter of chance that he is remarkably well molded for the seat of Prime Minister having a stamp of being NOt corrupted .

But in reality is he the person who actually takes the critical decisions or is that the real puppeteers go about their job of managing politics within India.....
hunnyhiteshseth
atul2242 wrote:

Maybe I am wrong only time can tell...
But I just wish that these economic policies which seem to be pushing India are not so devastrating for the poor farmers.
These people choose to end their lives and of their children rather than Beg, Steal or do anything wrong.
Who is responsible? According to Ms. Vandana Shiva it is the farming and economic policies of the Indian politics of today.
Are these policies being dictated by the present agronomists of the world who all owe allegiance to GM companies like Monsanto.
It is quite clear that the present agro-policies being followed are leading to the death of the self-sufficient small farmer in India.
They are about 300 million of them....
And we are part of the genocide they are going through.

Rolling Eyes

I am sorry but I feel bad being a spectator. Crying or Very sad

It was precisely for this reason that he introduced 70bn loan waiver scheme for farmers in 2008 budget! Although personally i was ,and still i am not, in favour of how it was implemented but it was with correct intentions.

Quote:

It is just a matter of chance that he is remarkably well molded for the seat of Prime Minister having a stamp of being NOt corrupted .

But in reality is he the person who actually takes the critical decisions or is that the real puppeteers go about their job of managing politics within India.....

Yes thats true. Atleast in last LS elections, he was more of a last minute substitute/puppet than an actual leader. But this time Congress fought using his name & possibly his clean image. Clear mandate for his clean image may now allow him to be more assertive in this LS.
atul2242
The Loan Waiver looks great on paper and if implemented properly it would have saved a few lives....
But the suicides are still happening nearly 3000 a year ....
The Indian Agro policies are a death knell for the marginal farmer and they are tied up with the overall economic policy of Dr. Manmohan Singh. I wish he could see beyond economics, at real people and how they live.
hunnyhiteshseth
atul2242 wrote:
The Loan Waiver looks great on paper and if implemented properly it would have saved a few lives....
But the suicides are still happening nearly 3000 a year ....
The Indian Agro policies are a death knell for the marginal farmer and they are tied up with the overall economic policy of Dr. Manmohan Singh. I wish he could see beyond economics, at real people and how they live.

Actually u see these schemes are not like faucet. U need to give him a little room to work.
atul2242
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Actually u see these schemes are not like faucet. U need to give him a little room to work.

It's the cost....