FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Why is my computer not booting up?





myviny
A few days ago I was working on my computer and everything was OK, suddently there came a blue screen saying there was a fatal error and computer is shutting down and will restart but it never restarted. The windows never boot up again. I even deleted that Window. Formatted my hard disk and installed a fresh version of windows but still the problem persists. Actually whenevr the system is started, it goes till the welcome screen of windows and then turns off abruptly and restarts again and this continues. Whats the problem. Can anyone tell? Thanks in advance.
welshsteve
This sounds like a hardware problem. You are most likely best off taking the PC to a local PC repair shop.
Peterssidan
Doesn't sound like a hard disk problem but it could be. What happens if you try to boot from something else (CD,USB,...)? If that is working it could be your hard disk.
The fact that it goes off abruptly can be a sign that something else is wrong. Don't know if it can hurt your computer if you try a lot. If you can trust a PC repair shop more than you trust yourself thats an option Wink
welshsteve
Maybe the Windows Kernel is damaged. But if you've done a full format of the hard drive and re-installed, perhaps not. Another thing you could try is to boot into a Linux distro such as Ubuntu from a Live CD
Hogwarts
welshsteve wrote:
Another thing you could try is to boot into a Linux distro such as Ubuntu from a Live CD


How will that help them? It's a hardware issue. I mean, sure, you can use it temporarily, but that's completely impractical in the long run.
welshsteve
Hogwarts wrote:
welshsteve wrote:
Another thing you could try is to boot into a Linux distro such as Ubuntu from a Live CD


How will that help them? It's a hardware issue. I mean, sure, you can use it temporarily, but that's completely impractical in the long run.


It was only to eliminate Windows as the problem. I know that it's most likely to be a hardware issue, as I have already said earlier in the thread Smile
ether
It's a hardware problem, i'm assure for 100 persents. Try remove dust inside system block, and also test your hard disk for errors (such as bad clasters). There are many free programs for do it...
myviny
Thanks all of you friends for your replies. I am taking my computer to the service center tomorrow.
FrightKnight
Hello myviny,

Are you still experiencing the same problem? If yes, try some of these:

1. The memory module might be loose. Try to remove it and put it back again. Also, try to clean the slot of the memory module. It might be dirty.

2. Try to check some loose cable connections in your PC.

3. How old are your IDE cables? (If you're still using IDE), I had this problem once and I just replaced my IDE cables.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
sanalskumar
FrightKnight wrote:
Hello myviny,

Are you still experiencing the same problem? If yes, try some of these:

1. The memory module might be loose. Try to remove it and put it back again. Also, try to clean the slot of the memory module. It might be dirty.

2. Try to check some loose cable connections in your PC.

3. How old are your IDE cables? (If you're still using IDE), I had this problem once and I just replaced my IDE cables.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

How can it be a memory issue if it boots till windows logo???

Any way it sounds like some bad sectors in the hard disk. Re-partitioning the HDD to partitions with different capacities than the old one, will work in that case. If you are able to partition successfully, and still the problem persists, i can assure you that the disk that you are using to install the OS is having some issues with it. Previously i was having a sound driver issue. I have re-installed several times. I got installed. after that if i'm going to install the sound driver, system will restart or hangup. then i came to know this when i gave the same CD to one of my friends, and he also had the same issue....
So try using another OS CD for installation.
sourojit
If you computer stopped giving that error ,your harwdare problem must be identified,may be the ram or hard disk.
Related topics
Booting time
What cause Windows XP to freeze?
linux servers
10 Reasons why PC's crash
Why do you play computer games? Are you addicted?
Computer stopped working, need motherboard replacement
do u count computer gaming as a sport ?
Ps3 Or Xbox 360
dead processor or dead bios?
Why My Computer Always Restart
computer freezing up again
What is your boot time? On which Operating System?
why my computer is so slow?
Computer booting problem
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.