FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ideas for birthday gift?

programitv
Hello,

I am dating a guy since one week, and it is his bthday soon. Being that he is 26 and he likes sports.. music etc. could you give me any idea on what would be a suitable gift for his bthday>?
Thanks
deanhills
programitv wrote:
Hello,

I am dating a guy since one week, and it is his bthday soon. Being that he is 26 and he likes sports.. music etc. could you give me any idea on what would be a suitable gift for his bthday>?
Thanks
If you are in a dating relationship of only one week it is too early for gifts. Perhaps a nice card would be more appropriate, one that has a sense of humour in it, and is not too heavy on the relationship side of things?
Georgeboy
I should give him a lovely bear with the subscription "You're my sweetest" or something like that. Even if he is 26 years old and he really loves you, he will appreciate that present. It should not be expensive, but I should give a thing. If you won't give something, he could think you're not really interested in him.

If you are afraid of giving a bear and you know he is a supporter of a soccer equipment, give him a gadget of his favorite equipment. Every time he will go to a match, he will think of you ! Even how old you are, the first presents you receive will always stay in memory...
missdixy
I agree with the card thing -- and maybe take him out to dinner or something, or to drinks at his favorite bar or whatever.
Bikerman
After only a week I would be cautious about splashing out on presents. Speaking as a guy, I might find it a bit disconcerting after such a short period of time.* Why not arrange a day and/or night out for both of you - a nice meal, for example; or perhaps an activity you both like (cinema, concert - whatever).

(* the thing that comes into my mind immediately is the Bunny Boiler in 'Play Misty for Me'. No insult intended of course. Smile )
coreymanshack
Just take him out to eat girl! You're trying to hard...... i would say go back to his apartment later, but I don't know how your relationship is if that is to soon or not.
programitv
I was in a trip lately in Italy, so I had some nice wine from there.. he appreciated it Smile. Thanks for the advices, I was kind of overworried Smile..
macky
Well you are the one who really know what gift is suitable for him.. Giving gift reflects how you really know that person is...

So ask your self first how do you really know him and try to close your eyes then you will found out what gift is nice and better for him..

Me, every time i give a gift to my girlfriend, I always make my gift than buying in store..
some people appreciate gift that they do own than buying it..

Advantages:

1. You don't have to worry if he will receive a gift like yours.
2. It's cheaper and affordable
3. It would mean a lot
4. 99.9% he will keep it as long as your both fine and ok
5. Lastly, you will know how much he is important to you..

I hope i gave you some good ideas that might help you..
PM me if you want some more...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
leozhang
programitv wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

If any body want to send the gifts for his girlfriend or her boyfriend , use heart to prepaire is the most important thing! No matter what you send in the end, let her/him feel that you spend lots of time and energy on it !
If you want ask for the exactly thing , i want to say , how about send her one necklace which engraved her name ? or creat one dreamland to move her? I know one place which gives many good idear , its called benbenhoney.com . Am I like a spam with saying this? lol
suzanstive
better gift him t-shitr or go for dinner try to get closer to him then you can go for some thing big dear
FastDebrid
deanhills wrote:
programitv wrote:
Hello,

Thanks
If you are in a dating relationship of only one week it is too early for gifts. Perhaps a nice card would be more appropriate, one that has a sense of humour in it, and is not too heavy on the relationship side of things?

Agreed. Just make him a personal birthday card and give a personal message.
cresvale
Let him know how much he means to you with romantic birthday gifts that express your care, admiration, and love.

Romantic birthday gifts might be the ones that preserve special memories like a scrapbook of the two of you together, personalized items such as a watche or a locket engraved with a loving inscription, or a book of self-written love poems, a present that says it all.

However it's All About Presentation. Even though presents can be romantic by themselves, the real secret to a romantic birthday is the ability to turn the gift-giving occasion into a magical, exciting, unforgettable event by merely setting a romantic atmosphere.
Presentation is everything.
For example: Now your wonderful man is celebrating his birthday and you want to get him some new fishing accessories. Well, it is not exactly a romantic gift but how about making it one? Instead of giving it to him at home, you could take him on a surprise camping trip, stay up all night sitting by the fire watching the stars and in the morning you could amaze him with a fishing license and new fishing accessories. Now, wouldn't that dazzle your man?
FastDebrid
cresvale wrote:
Let him know how much he means to you with romantic birthday gifts that express your care, admiration, and love.

Romantic birthday gifts might be the ones that preserve special memories like a scrapbook of the two of you together, personalized items such as a watche or a locket engraved with a loving inscription, or a book of self-written love poems, a present that says it all.

However it's All About Presentation. Even though presents can be romantic by themselves, the real secret to a romantic birthday is the ability to turn the gift-giving occasion into a magical, exciting, unforgettable event by merely setting a romantic atmosphere.
Presentation is everything.
For example: Now your wonderful man is celebrating his birthday and you want to get him some new fishing accessories. Well, it is not exactly a romantic gift but how about making it one? Instead of giving it to him at home, you could take him on a surprise camping trip, stay up all night sitting by the fire watching the stars and in the morning you could amaze him with a fishing license and new fishing accessories. Now, wouldn't that dazzle your man?

Agreed. However, with how short of a time that they have been dating, I think such gift is wonderful but not appropriate yet. Wink
hwcorp
a hand-made gift, for example a mini wood house
allentony
Well, i dont like the way you spam ,leozhang .But i have to admit i like that site after i check it Smile
Also got 2 gift for my girlfriend ,one is the nacklace with her name and another one is our pictures jigsaw, my girlfriend got a big surprised ,haha .

leozhang wrote:
programitv wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

If any body want to send the gifts for his girlfriend or her boyfriend , use heart to prepaire is the most important thing! No matter what you send in the end, let her/him feel that you spend lots of time and energy on it !
If you want ask for the exactly thing , i want to say , how about send her one necklace which engraved her name ? or creat one dreamland to move her? I know one place which gives many good idear , its called benbenhoney.com . Am I like a spam with saying this? lol
FastDebrid
allentony wrote:
Well, i dont like the way you spam ,leozhang .But i have to admit i like that site after i check it Smile
Also got 2 gift for my girlfriend ,one is the nacklace with her name and another one is our pictures jigsaw, my girlfriend got a big surprised ,haha .

leozhang wrote:
programitv wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Nice gifts... Wink