FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is your favorite musician?

emonbd
Write something about your favorite musician and some of their works.
jmlworld
I don't have a favorite musician in particular, but I have a favorite music band. Goo Goo Dolls is my all time favorite music band. All their songs are charming. You have probably listened to "I Don't Want the World to See Me" Razz

If there is a single musician to mention though, I think its Cliff Richard.
deanhills
Brian May. He is a brilliant guatarist, composer, musician, the works. He was previously from Queen. I also like Gary Moore. Both are classic rock guitar heroes. Lately Gary Moore has gone in the direction of jazz. One of Gary Moore's famous compositions is Parisienne Walkways.
HamsterMan
There is only Reyn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8UBY8Yj9c0
jmlworld
deanhills wrote:
I also like Gary Moore. Both are classic rock guitar heroes. Lately Gary Moore has gone in the direction of jazz. One of Gary Moore's famous compositions is Parisienne Walkways.

Deanhills, looks like you are from Ireland/England Shocked Gary Moore's Back on the Streets is something I adore.
RipperGOD
Its probly impossible to mention about just one. So many genres so many artists! duh!
mattyj
shouldnt this be in the music forum????

but anyway, mine is probably Chris Cheaney from The Living End....awesome guitarist, great singer and great songwriter....
missdixy
Conor Oberst. Lyrical genius. His voice may not be that well-liked by a lot of people but at least he really sings with passion -- and the stuff he writes...my God. Just mind-blowing.
hamza1122
by musician does that include singers and artists? i don't know much musicians so i don't have a favourite one.
ddukki
My list of favorites changes every year or so, but Shane & Shane [Barnard and Everett] have consistently on the top of the list. Aaron Gillespie from Underoath and The Almost is a close second / third. xD

As for works:
Shane & Shane: Wash Me in the Water
Underoath: To Whom It May Concern
Tuvitor
My favorite musician is different every day, sometimes several times a day. My criteria for favorite music are moving targets... such as my mood, how many times have I heard the artist/group before, and a bunch of other nebulous things.
abilgehanv
my favourite singer is YALIN.

here is the newest song

http://www.izlesene.com/video/muzik-yalin-ki-sen-2009-_tam-sarkisi_/922990
myviny
A R Rehman. Has become famous around the world for composing Slumdog Millionaire
Jaan
I'd have to say St. Germain (Ludovic Navarre). He's got some really good albums... different styles, but I'd say it's a perfect blend for me... electronic sounds mixed with acoustic.... deep house mixed with jazz. Very very nice, worth checking out if you like any type of music!
Jaan
I'd have to say St. Germain (Ludovic Navarre). He's got some really good albums... different styles, but I'd say it's a perfect blend for me... electronic sounds mixed with acoustic.... deep house mixed with jazz. Very very nice, worth checking out if you like any type of music!
slashnburn99
Richie Sambora of BonJovi, inpsired to play guitar in the early 90s

Bonjovis stuff is lame these days, so a bit rubbish to play now
GNDHBK
My all time favorite singer is Christina Aguilera with out a doubt. No Doubt is my fav Rock band and heavy metal well I have WAY to many to even list...
stel4e
I listen to electronic music and rock.... but the biggest for me is Michael Jackson definitely !!!!
mattyj
GNDHBK wrote:
My all time favorite singer is Christina Aguilera with out a doubt. No Doubt is my fav Rock band and heavy metal well I have WAY to many to even list...

LOL @ No Doubt being a rock band....I'd love to see what you consider "heavy metal" if you consider No Doubt rock

and how can anyone that claims to like Metal, also like Christina Aguilerra?
Afaceinthematrix
Randy Rhoads (my favorite guitar solo of all time is his solo on "Mr. Crowley"), Cliff Burton, Louis Armstrong, Mozart (as a composer), Thelonious Monk, etc. It's so hard to choose between so many greats.
[FuN]goku
Don't really have just one. I'd have to say a tie between Steve Vai, Elton John, and Michael Jackson.
tony
I'm sure this topic has been started before in this category, but I'll go ahead and reply anyway. My favourite changes a lot over time. Recently, it's been reggae music like Bob Marley, The Paragons, and Toots & the Maytals.
Radar
Favourite band, yes, favourite musician, not really. I tend not to listen to individual artists. Although a notably execption at the moment for me is Jill Solube.
paskifire
Anthony green! i love circa survive, the sound of animal fighting and also his project as a solo artist. He hits the high notes. Composing wise, i think i can relate.
ortie10
Ozzy Osbourne, and his appetite for birds and bats. He's done some amazing things throughout his career and his music is a testament to that... Rock on! Twisted Evil
paulotlet
my favorites musician are Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, but i prefer Smiths. Smiths is the better band of all the world the second is a brazilian one called Legião Urbana.

of course that is all a matter of opinion

cya
scary
Green Day :

Billie Joe Armstrong
Mike Dirnt
Tre Cool
Jason White
Jason Freeze

--------------------------

Blink 182 :

Tom DeLonge
Mark Hoppus
Travis Barker

--------------------------

Goldfinger :

John Feldmann
Charlie Paulson
Simon Williams
Darrin Pfeiffer
siren123
My favorite used to be Cliff Burton of metallica until he died Crying or Very sad
My favorite now is probably Sting of The Police Smile
upcirculohispanico
The All American Rejects has done a cover of Brit's WOmanizer Haha they did it with soft acoustic like in When the World Comes Down. It;s real nice!

Shakira is ncie too. Really did her thing in She Wolf. Those body bends are crazy!
8166UY
Armin Van Buuren because the music ánd the person. Every topdeejay should be a lawyer and blame the Dutch supremacy in dancemusic to cheese. Razz
spinout
Brian wilson is the king and Janis Martin the Queen !

No I don't like Elvis (who is the king mostly)
guggs
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce "The Boss" Springsteen.
seristi
my favourite singer is michael akerfeldt from opeth, i think he is one of the best singers and guitarists right now, and as a group, their albums exceeds any other metal group for the last decade. Just listen face of melinda..
igorflysta
Brian May from Queen
biljap
Michael Jackson Sad
omershiloh
slash-gun's n' roses
jeck
John Mayer. His song writing...his guitar skill... His new album Battle Studies is a rapture experience from this era where songwriters and their song become pale and shallow. John Mayer is heavyweight musicman, an extremely good music artist.... no doubt about it...
Sasa_VZR
I love mnml music like Gaiser , Alex Young and others guys u need to hear some of that Very Happy its really great Very Happy and relaxing Very Happy
Insanity
Eric Clapton!

I love his live stuff, there're so awesome. He has some amazing solos.
liljp617
jeck wrote:
John Mayer. His song writing...his guitar skill... His new album Battle Studies is a rapture experience from this era where songwriters and their song become pale and shallow. John Mayer is heavyweight musicman, an extremely good music artist.... no doubt about it...

He's a great guitarist, but he should keep his mouth closed. His voice is somewhere between sandpaper and a cat's meow.
Parkour_Jarrod
Steve Harris... or... Kurt Cobain... or... Aretha Franklin... James Brown... Michael Jackson... too many to choose from...
paul_indo
Jimmy Page

Best guitarist and song writer of all time.
slashnburn99
Richie Sambora is my favourite guitarist

the new stuff is dull, dull but in my opinion Jon bon Jovi can`t sing the fast ones anymore so Richies style has changed to suit Jons voice, what are friends for
_AG_
Lets bring it back a little bit to George Thorogood. Bad to the bone. One bourbon, one scotch, one beer.
liljp617
I've always been fond of Dimebag Darrell. He was my main motivation for first picking up a guitar and from the videos and interviews I've seen, the free mindset he lived with is something I've always admired. I've never heard anyone who met him say a single negative thing about him. I think that's something to model one's self after.

Also worth mentioning -- Andy Timmons, Steve Vai, Steve Harris, Randy Rhoads, Jason Becker, Gary Moore....and too many more to mention Razz
bloodrider
All mighty Beethoven =P
Nicky
When i am feeling bad i hear all the time Falcos Panagiotis...<3 And when i feeling good i hear everything.
congra
i like Michael Jackson,he is so cool.
tingkagol
liljp617 wrote:
jeck wrote:

He's a great guitarist, but he should keep his mouth closed. His voice is somewhere between sandpaper and a cat's meow.

lol. His voice isn't that bad. Yes, he does employ some cheesiness in his singing voice (the graveling and such), but he's got a quite good falsetto and he seems to drop the notes pretty effortlessly.

I would say though that he definitely needs to shut his yapper outside the realm of music. Continuum is good and all, but I'm not a fan of his blabber-mouth persona.
menino
There are a lot of musicians I like.
First that comes to mind is John Mayer, then I like Norah Jones as well.

I like the music of Opeth, which is progressive metal.

Then I also like Bach, from the classical side and Yohann Strauss.

The only musicians I dont really appreciate are the rappers ... some are ok, but a lot of them just swear meaninglessly at the mic.
Eminem swears a lot but I like his music, though.
andrew15
Pierre Boulez French classical composer
Blummer
I think, Peter Gabriel, if I talk about solo artists. Maybe Paul Simon, as well as David Bowie. Love most of their stuff and particularly Bowie's 80s albums.
Venus253
A tie between Dave Mustaine and Very Happy Buckethead
popo4512
Smile
Jay-Z
The Blueprint 3
and more
pravojednostavno
My favourite singer is Pitbull.
Superhitsongs
A.R.Rehman, is an excellent music composer of all types. He is the First Indian to win the Oscar for the Song "Jai Ho" (Slum Dog Millionaire).
spinout
Link wray is the favourite on guitar. So much great sound.