FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my photograph...

subirbasak

Shot it at Gangasagar Fair.West Bengal,India.
Gangasagar Mela is the largest fair celebrated in West Bengal. This fair is held where the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal form a nexus. Hence the name Gangasagar Mela. The river Ganga which originates in the Gangotri glacier in the snow clad Himalayas, descends down the mountains, reaches the plains at Haridwar, flows through ancient pilgrimage sites such as Benares and Prayag, and drains into the Bay of Bengal. Sagar Island, at the mouth of the river Hooghly in Bengal where the Ganga breaks up into hundreds of streams, and drains into the sea, is honored as a pilgrimage site.
A dip in the ocean, where the Ganga drains into the sea is considered to be of great religious significance particularly on the Makara Sankranti day when the sun makes a transition to Capricorn from Sagittarius and this town becomes home to vast fairs, drawing visitors and recluses from all over the state. There is a common belief among the locals that the girls who take the holy dip get handsome grooms and the boys get beautiful brides. When they are done with the ritual obligations, they head towards the Kapilmuni Temple situated nearby, to worship the deity as a mark of respect.
ajitha999
Gangasagar Mela is the larg Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
rogue_skydragon
This photo is amazing. What camera and lens did you use?
nam_siddharth
Where is the photo? I cannot see it...
mukesh
subirbasak wrote:

Gangasagar Mela is the largest fair celebrated in West Bengal. This fair is held where the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal form a nexus. Hence the name Gangasagar Mela. The river Ganga which originates in the Gangotri glacier in the snow clad Himalayas, descends down the mountains, reaches the plains at Haridwar, flows through ancient pilgrimage sites such as Benares and Prayag, and drains into the Bay of Bengal. Sagar Island, at the mouth of the river Hooghly in Bengal where the Ganga breaks up into hundreds of streams, and drains into the sea, is honored as a pilgrimage site.
A dip in the ocean, where the Ganga drains into the sea is considered to be of great religious significance particularly on the Makara Sankranti day when the sun makes a transition to Capricorn from Sagittarius and this town becomes home to vast fairs, drawing visitors and recluses from all over the state. There is a common belief among the locals that the girls who take the holy dip get handsome grooms and the boys get beautiful brides. When they are done with the ritual obligations, they head towards the Kapilmuni Temple situated nearby, to worship the deity as a mark of respect.

Friend i am also India state bihar. I know something about ganga many people use ganga water and types of celebration like Satnarayan Swami of Puja, Durga Puja, Vishkarma Puja, Chaat Puja, Purnimaa and other but I donot know about west bengal of this festival I think this festival is too interesting woman which dry cloth near Ganga.

Really its nice photo
Wink

Jai Ganga Maa
driftingfe3s
Wow this is a great picture. Great colors and perspective!
Cliffer
colorful and beautiful! nice photo! can you tell me what camera you use to take it? and what's the taking data?
Caxius
where's the pic?