FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is in your makeup?

crossroads
Have you ever wondered what exactly it is that makes up your makeup? I mean you rub it on your face, put it on your lips, spray it on your body, but have you ever wanted to know what exactly does go into making makeup? Well I was wondering this a while ago and thought I would look it up.

I found a site that tells a good amount about what exactly goes into things that you use for everyday.

"Cosmetics ingredients come from a variety of sources but, unlike the ingredients of food, are often not considered by most consumers. Cosmetics often use vibrant colours that are derived from some unexpected sources, ranging from crushed insects to rust. Many new techniques have allowed manufacturers to synthesise such colours and the use of animals (or parts thereof) has been declining for many years and is now virtually eliminated, due in large part to the efforts of Beauty Without Cruelty, PETA and other groups"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make-up_ingredients

So what types of makeup do you wear and do you plan on continuing to wear it?

If you said yes to both of the questions I would like to know if you looked up the ingredients for it.