FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eurovision Song Contest 2009

JrMigSeixal
Hello! Smile

This year the Eurovision Song Contest is taking place between 12th and 16th May in Russia, in which participates 42 countries. Five of them pass automatically to the final (Spain, France, Germany, Russia and United Kingdom) and 37 countries, divided by 18 in the 1st semi-final (12th May) and 19 in the 2st semi-final (14th May) competes for a place in the big final, which will participate 25 countries (10 for each semi-final and the 5 which passed automatically).

This contest is a great event of music, where you can listen to different songs that represent the culture of each country, since the year 1956, when the first edition was held in the city of Lugano, Switzerland.

I am Portuguese and I watched the first semi-final on Tuesday, and I was very pleased with the passage of my country Portugal. Other countries, that also took good songs, have passed, such as Finland, Malta, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Sweden (that is just my opinion, I'm willing to listen others).

Today, May 14, is the second semi-final, participating in the contest Croatia, Ireland, Latvia, Serbia, Poland, Norway, Cyprus, Denmark, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Greece, Lithuania, Moldova, Albania, Ukraine, Estonia and the Netherlands and I will watch it in a Romanian television channel, the RTL, since the RTP will not broadcast it live.

I would like to know your opinion about the music of the Festival. I see this contest assiduously from an early age and I think that many of the songs are very, but very good.
Comment!

(Sorry for my bad english...)
8166UY
I watched it and the majority of western Europe is with right concerned about Eastern Europe only voting for each other while their songs are the most crappy, even if you are open towards other cultures. I can't believe the song of Moldavia actually progressed to the finals. Not that the Dutch act was blowing me away, but there were some that are actually pretty good acts and did not get through.
kirba
I don't like Eurosong contest first because neighbor countries are voting for each others and destroys the fun. Also i don't know why countries like Israel, Armenia, Azerbaijan are participating. They are not in Europe, not even with a part of their territory.
abilgehanv
turkey and hadise is the best .

but she can't win.

i like her. she is very very very sexy.
gandalfthegrey
What music genres are allowed to participate in EuroVision?
Vladalf
gandalfthegrey wrote:
What music genres are allowed to participate in EuroVision?

Anything I guess, a year ago came to the finals two opera singers, but obviously they never got any vote. At this kind of competitions catchy songs usually get voted.
~Vlad