FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Two points about FRIH$ and points...

Nameless
Okay, two minor ideas. (WOW, I bet you didn't see THAT one coming!)

1. I think how many points you are given after posting should be rescalled a bit... IMHO getting 1 point for a one-word post is too much, it should be .2 or something, and scale up from there.

2. Minor irritation... is it really needed to tell posters how many points and frih$ they get after posting? From what I can tell they are always the same anyway. Why not just say something like "You earned [foo] frih$ and points" instead of having them apart?
n0obie4life
1. 1 Point / Post is good enough...
2. We need to know Razz
LostOverThere
I agree with n0obie4life.
Its either a post, or its spam.
Its not like people can going around doing 15 posts in 1 topic writing out a sentence.

Post 1:I
Post 2:Want
Post 3:you
Post 4:to
Post 5:give
Post 6:me
Post 7:banana
Post 8:flavoured
Post 9:bubblegum.
n0obie4life
And the next day, you see them banned Razz
Jack_Hammer
Simple question have you seen anyone abuse the one point per post?, I havent...
ieonworks
I can agree with the second part, and most of the first, if you only have a one word post like-

ROFl

then you shouldnt be rewarded, but I guess that just makes it easier for some peolpe to gt points. . . Cool
Jeff_vella_leone
i think leaving it as it is its great and perfect
and i ever had 1 point for just a word i have less i think never payed attention to that
tidruG
LostOverThere wrote:
I agree with n0obie4life.
Its either a post, or its spam.
Its not like people can going around doing 15 posts in 1 topic writing out a sentence.

Post 1:I
Post 2:Want
Post 3:you
Post 4:to
Post 5:give
Post 6:me
Post 7:banana
Post 8:flavoured
Post 9:bubblegum.

This actually did happen... some new member asked a support question, about how to request for a free hosting account, and she did it in a thread with every word in different post, and an "lol" to ebd it in the last post. Laughing

Of course, this just made it much easier for me to remove the whole thread to the Spam Can and Pm the member and tell her not to spam, Wink
dan751
Personally, I like seeing how much I earned for each post. I think it's better that we do, so we can keep tabs on how much we're earning for each post.
Daniel15
Quote:
2. Minor irritation... is it really needed to tell posters how many points and frih$ they get after posting? From what I can tell they are always the same anyway. Why not just say something like "You earned [foo] frih$ and points" instead of having them apart?

I think he actually means that it says 'You earned 1.6525 Points, 1.6525 FRIH$ for that post' when it could just say 'You earned 1.6525 FRIH$ and points for that post' or 'You earned 1.6525 points/FRIH$ for that post' or similar. Correct me if i'm wrong, though.
Nameless
daniel15 wrote:
Quote:

I think he actually means that it says 'You earned 1.6525 Points, 1.6525 FRIH$ for that post' when it could just say 'You earned 1.6525 FRIH$ and points for that post' or 'You earned 1.6525 points/FRIH$ for that post' or similar. Correct me if i'm wrong, though.

Yes! FInally, someone understands me! Lol. Yes, that is what I meant.
n0obie4life
Just one person complaned about this and we're getting multiple reports..
tidruG
Well, like you said, it is a minor irritation... we could really just live with it. Bondings is apparently using a modified currency modification .... hmm... somehow that doesn't make sense even though it makes sense...

Anyway, I think it's kind of too small an issue to make a big deal of, don't you think?

I'm primarily saying that because Bondings is very much preoccupied with some other very important changes in the site and the hosting requests... he may not have time... however, i'm sure he will have seen this suggestion and will take care of it when he does have the time.
n0obie4life
Unless someone would be kind enough to give us a fix then.