FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[for 16yrs old+ thread] Jen (photography)

bjwok
Struggled again to keep the background white in this shoot. It looks slightly off white to me? Since this shoot took place I have been reading Zack Arias's blog and next time I shoot against the white seamless I have a few ideas of things to try!

Thoughts?

Ankhanu
I'm gonna start this saying that I was just about to go to bed when I decided to hit the forum, and it's 1:15am here. My eyes are tired Wink

Images 1, 5 and 7 seem to have a warm tone in the background, almost a rose, while image 3 has a cool greyish blue tone. The others are looking pretty white. Rather improved over the last series you posted. As before, your eye for composition and framing looks pretty solid to me. There are a couple points of DoF that I might have done differently (were I skilled in portraiture/model photography), but that's a taste thing more than anything else, and is kinda irrelevant Smile
lethaltriad
Hey friend! love the new images, really cant pick a favourite as I love alot of them, really solid shoot though with alot of unique frames. Love the use of the wide angle on some of the shots. If you wanna get it all white, apart from trying different lighting setups or going for the more high key look you could maybe drag the shutter a little bit to make the white backdrop get more exposure from your lighting.

Good to see you posting new images though Very Happy
bjwok
thanks guys for your comments.

ankhanu, it's possible your monitor needs calibrating mate? those tones you have mentioned are not to be seen here or at work on my imac. anyway thanks for the comments Smile

lethal, thanks mate Smile dragging the shutter isn't going to help in this instance as the ambient exposure of the background needs to be set higher than the foreground (in this case subject). i need to fire more lights at the background... something i am working on!
lethaltriad
I had a problem like that earlier but it was pretty much because I had very limited space to work with and it was soo hard to control light spill. Just finished painting my studio yesterday so I'll be able to set up all of my 4 White Lightning lights effectively. What sort of lighting equipment are you using? I recently got the EF 85L F1.2! Its my favourite lens now, looking for the 24 1.4 next and no more lens for me after that lol.
Ankhanu
bjwok wrote:
ankhanu, it's possible your monitor needs calibrating mate? those tones you have mentioned are not to be seen here or at work on my imac. anyway thanks for the comments Smile

Hmm, could be. It's been at least a year since I calibrated my Macbook screen.
However, as I recall, the tones weren't even, but in a gradient, stronger towards the right of the image. Unfortunately the images aren't loading in the thread for me right now, so I can't reevaluate. I'll also take a look at them on my Dell to see if I get much of a difference.
myhearing
Forget about shutter speeds and light exposure...thats HOTTTTTTT! looool Nice poses :p. Looks pretty much close to perfect to me! :p
Ankhanu
They loaded this evening and I'm not seeing the tones I saw before. I'm gonna blame it on my tired eyes being weird that night Razz
valadez
Very nice pics. What ideas do you have for your next shoot?
bjwok
i'm open to all ideas for my next shoot!
Vladalf
You're talented at angles and at making the image seem to come out of the screen. Good job!
bjwok wrote:
i'm open to all ideas for my next shoot!

Maybe trying to create the portrait of a modern femme fatale?
Vlad
erlendhg
Very beautiful pictures, indeed.
Have you been working as a photographer for a very long time?

I can't see the warm rose tone that Ankhanu describes, but I certainly hope that there actually is a blue-ish tone in the background of picture 3. Or is it my monitor that is no good?
andysart380
sorry i liked sophie better...these shots are better tho
GrantasaurusRex
So much better than the last ones! I see what you mean about the slight off-whiteness of some of them. But hey, it's definite improvement.
bjwok
thanks guys! i think i am improving with each shoot Smile
dude_xyx
Again great photos !!
bjwok
thanks man! been a bit quiet on the glamour front for a while.., got a shoot booked for tonight tho Smile