FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Changeling - Angelina Jolie

deanhills
I recently saw "The Changeling" in DVD with Angelina Jolie. Since she was nominated for an Oscar for best performing actress, I was expecting more from her acting wise in the movie. I've seen her in better form in other movies. Maybe I was a bit critical, but she seemed to have acted purposely, i.e. following instructions, rather than her usual sponaneous way, so in some of the scenes her acting appeared to be affected. Maybe it was just Clint Eastwood trying to make it a creative movie, but it detracted from the movie and Angelina's acting for me.

Did any other Frihosters saw the movie, and what did you think about it?
socceraggie
I just added that movie to my netflix list. Would you recommend watching it? The previews looked good but I agree with your assessment. I even thought the preview made her look a little instructed.
bchuminx
angelina jolie should be commended for her convincing role here ^^ it's kind of a difficult and challenging role to act as beautiful, persecuted single mother where she don't have the luxury or freedom to carry cool guns in Wanted or Mr and Mrs Smith...but somehow the grotesque horror and the sad ending will just haunt you and will keep you wondering what happen to the missing boy..sigh the middle part of the movie was good where she depicts a mum that will not give up to fight for her right, overall it is a mixture of good and bad stuff..bad because it is just sad and the ending keeps you thinking..hmm
deanhills
socceraggie wrote:
I just added that movie to my netflix list. Would you recommend watching it? The previews looked good but I agree with your assessment. I even thought the preview made her look a little instructed.
It has an interesting story, especially since it is a true one and it has Angelina Jolie in it too. Maybe you can compare your findings with mine. Smile