FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Study abroad

jossylala
Hey all,am presently a medical student but would like to school abroad. Please post here if you hear of any school in ua country offering scholarship 4 internation students. Thanks!
gverutes
Most schools offer scholarships -- you just need great grades and good standardized test scores. Without those two I am afraid you are SOL.

Also, with grad/med school -- make sure the school you are interested in has professors that are interested in what you are...otherwise, you are wasting your time!
deanhills
jossylala wrote:
Hey all,am presently a medical student but would like to school abroad. Please post here if you hear of any school in ua country offering scholarship 4 internation students. Thanks!
Perhaps you should enquire at the School of Medicine where you are studying at the moment. The Dutch Universities have sometimes Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with other Universities outside the Netherlands and may have information about scholarships that are available. If they don't, you can research the Univerisities they have MOUs with and check out their Websites. I am certain that there would in the very least some MOUs with Universities in Indonesia.
shkumbin
I dont think you will find the answer here, I think the best thing to do is to see what country to you want to study to and if they offer scholarship than go for it, good that you have enthusiasm
jossylala
@gverutes, good grade,i have. but dont have any info about any university outside my country.

@deanhills, if there is an exchange programe between my university and thosa abroad,do u think my lecturers would give me the opportunity? instead the would send there nephew,sons,daugthers and other relatives.

@ shkumbin, i would like to study in india,cuba,ukraine,canada,holland and greece. becuase they have the best medical school. so please how do i get scholarship info of any university in the above named schools?
deanhills
jossylala wrote:
@deanhills, if there is an exchange programe between my university and thosa abroad,do u think my lecturers would give me the opportunity? instead the would send there nephew,sons,daugthers and other relatives.
Sounds like strange people at your University?

I suggest you do searches and write to the following Universities for information about scholarships:
University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
University of Queensland, Australia
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
British Columbia University, Vancouver, Canada
Toronto University, Ontario, Canada

Make enquiries with the European Union. I don't know, but there could be some bursaries floating around, also Google:
WHO
United Nations special programs, could be affiliated with special missions to remote territories

The more you Google, the more the options will come up.

Just some of the things that come to mind.

Alternatively, there has to be a good Library in Amsterdam or any of the big cities in the Netherlands? We have a fantastic Library in Vancouver, Canada, and would have a section that would specialize in materials for sources of scholarships.
jossylala
ok,i would try what you said. for the time being,would you help me check that library out?
deanhills
jossylala wrote:
ok,i would try what you said. for the time being,would you help me check that library out?
I'm not in Vancouver right now, I'm in the Middle East. Perhaps better that you do it on your own.