FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

they hacked my account!

macky
Hi there guys..Last week i got problem with my yahoo and friendster account..I can't access them and it might someone change my password. I have a lot of documents there which i want to retrieve unfortunately i think they erased it. So all i want is to trace that person who hacked my account.

is it possible to trace them and retrieve my account?
if yes,how?Even a little bit of clue or hint will do..Pls. help me.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Diablosblizz
It's not possible to trace their account. It is possible to go to both Yahoo and Friendster's website and see if you can recover a lost password. If the "hackers" were dumb they wouldn't have changed the email. If you don't get your account back, try to contact both of the websites and see what they can do for you. If you get your account back use a strong password, don't give your email and password out to other websites and don't tell anybody your password!
macky
Diablosblizz wrote:
It's not possible to trace their account. It is possible to go to both Yahoo and Friendster's website and see if you can recover a lost password. If the "hackers" were dumb they wouldn't have changed the email. If you don't get your account back, try to contact both of the websites and see what they can do for you. If you get your account back use a strong password, don't give your email and password out to other websites and don't tell anybody your password!

So you mean to say that even if i got their ip address, i can't trace them? I searched this past days about my problem and i found out about tracking the IP address. It's little bit of information but I believe through IP, i can trace them not only their location but also their account. But I not that 100% percent sure coz all i have right now is a bit of theory and research from what "hacker" done to me.
But anyway,thanks for your suggestions and comments. You give me an idea and it will help my research..thank you so much!
Diablosblizz
There's no way you can track it. The only people who can is Yahoo and Friendster, as they log each IP that comes to their site. You? You have no idea when, how, what time, where and why they did it. There's no way from your computer to track somebody that went onto an internet website. It's not possible no matter who told you.