FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft II Beta Opt-In

[FuN]goku
Well it seems we may finally have some playable SC II Content! Very Happy

Quote:

"StarCraftWire reports that Blizzard has started taking beta sign-ups for StarCraft II. Quoting: 'Interested parties must simply visit their Battle.net profile page, choose to opt-in for the beta, and re-submit their current system specs by way of a small downloadable piece of software.' Blizzard's Chris Sigaty said in an interview, 'As with previous betas for our real-time strategy games, the StarCraft II beta test will be multiplayer only, and players will have access to all three races — terrans, protoss, and zerg — and all of their units. We'll include a selection of multiplayer maps, but they won't necessarily include all of the maps that will be in the final version of the game. We're making some great progress on the single-player campaign, but we don't plan to do a public beta since we want to keep the story under wraps until the game's out.'"

Source: http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/07/1639228

I for one, am definitely going to go for it!

You can sign up at http://www.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.xml

But do note that you must have a battle.net account, and own at least one blizzard game that has a cd-key (at least i think thats how it works) . I just merged my wow account into it. And then they got a program you download to record your system specs or something like that. I havent really got around to that part yet since I'm on dialup atm, but i'll be sure to do it tomorrow when i'm at my dads.

I cant wait to try it out! Very Happy
Diablosblizz
I just did this, thanks to your MSN message. Razz I submitted the info and apparently I am in line for the beta. I surely hope I can beta test this!
QrafTee
Already in, but thanks for the info.
Spartan
I'm taking this as a reminder, as I already saw it but totally forgot about it. Thanks
love_her_freida_pinto
omg me and my asian buddies have waited a long time for this game! thx a lot tyvm! totally owns.
bloodrider
Let's see if I can sign up, thanks for the info Wink
m-productions
Lluckly I have many blizz accounts to opt-in with (dual box user) needless to say SC is what started me in my love for making games (map editor) so im very very excited about this upcoming beta, I almost wanted to buy a beta key of ebay.. but im not ttthhhhaattt into it! lol.
amperx
yeah hopefully i get to test it too, thanks for the reminder Very Happy
Denvis
Hey just a question, I've never played Starcraft but many of my friends have and with the arrival of Starcraft II should I fork out $60 - $100AUS and buy myself a copy? I heard it's some what "melee" and I love melee <3.
SunD3R
YESH! Starcraft 2 is finally out after waiting for like 9 or more friggin years since it came out! Woot there is going to be a mass Zerg rush

Fatality
I just saw this post. Going to check it out. I've been excited for SC2 for a long time.
Tphilakone
Thanks for info . I have been waiting for so long for starcraft 2
QrafTee
Denvis wrote:
Hey just a question, I've never played Starcraft but many of my friends have and with the arrival of Starcraft II should I fork out $60 - $100AUS and buy myself a copy? I heard it's some what "melee" and I love melee <3.

It's probably "buy-worthy." As for "melee" that was the default setting to play against other players in a free-for-all game, but allows players to "team up" as well. As opposed to Ladder matches, Free-For-All matches--a later addition which plays like melee and prevents people from "teaming up", use map settings (or UMS) which are customized maps which usually play differently than any of the normal maps.