FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hit the world

chasbeen
Come and visit the below webpage.

It will put a dot on the globe where you came from and it will show dots where other visitors have been.

At the moment the map has been hit by many tiny countries but if your from a smaller country will you be the first one there?

Hit the back button when your done and let me know how you got on!
Also, I would be interested in world maps being used like this for other web pages....

http://www.irunmywebsite.com/raphael/worldmap.html
chasbeen
I have 30 counties and approaching 400 hits to this web page.

Now (here's the challenge) i'm looking for some who read this to hit the back button after your visit and then record your fealings about the world and all the coloured dots below this remark.

Now here's a note aimed at the browser you are using.

If you "hit the world" with an ie browser then you get a "please wait 5 seconds" message, this is because ie is slower than ff,op and safari for this particular webpage.

What are your fealings. I got a hit from Thailand where in the world Very Happy is yours!
aningbo
the website is either down or my browser has a problem with it. i can see only the codes.

useless... i dont think this depicts the actual data anyways
chasbeen
I'd be interested in the web browser your using. Can youn try again.
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
I'd be interested in the web browser your using. Can youn try again.
When I tried to access it it came up with a first page with code, it then changed to the Map and said we should wait, and then did not change after that. Probably needs some refinement? Smile
chasbeen
DH
[url]When I tried to access it it came up with a first page with code[/url]
Yes it's a coders site. These examples are more about how the user should do things.
[url]it then changed to the Map and said we should wait, and then did not change after that.[/url]
Wait a couple of more seconds.
There are 1000 coloured dots showing where other visitors are.

Did you see the red arc line where you hit the map?
If you don't let me know what Browser your using.

This world map is only the tip of the iceberg of this R and D site.

Hope to hear back

Cheers C
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
DH
[url]When I tried to access it it came up with a first page with code[/url]
Yes it's a coders site. These examples are more about how the user should do things.
[url]it then changed to the Map and said we should wait, and then did not change after that.[/url]
Wait a couple of more seconds.
There are 1000 coloured dots showing where other visitors are.

Did you see the red arc line where you hit the map?
If you don't let me know what Browser your using.

This world map is only the tip of the iceberg of this R and D site.

Hope to hear back

Cheers C

I have a much faster computer at work, so my previous description was of what had happened at work. At home, I have ADSL, but it is slower, and seem to have stuck with the codes, can't get to "the world". I do recall this morning at work that I did see the red arc line though. I've just checked again (it's going for about five minutes now) and the Web page with the code is hanging - with the hour glass kind of hanging. Probably shortly going to time out. Crying or Very sad
chasbeen
Thanks for the feedback.
The page is heavy. If you ever get to see it, it shows a league table of countries that have hit it.

I tried it from a lot of computers and it's always worked, but these days there are some configurations that will not.

If you got some time, I'd also like to hear what problems you have with the rest of the site at your home and from work plus browsers your using.

http://www.irunmywebsite.com/raphael/raphaelsource.html
Regards C
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.
The page is heavy. If you ever get to see it, it shows a league table of countries that have hit it.

I tried it from a lot of computers and it's always worked, but these days there are some configurations that will not.

If you got some time, I'd also like to hear what problems you have with the rest of the site at your home and from work plus browsers your using.

http://www.irunmywebsite.com/raphael/raphaelsource.html
Regards C
I will try at work later if possible, but I gave up after a very long while at home. It finally came up with a message that there are heavy scripts on the Web page that is affecting the operation of Explorer negatively and may impact the working of it. So I gave up at home. Smile
mpdo77
it's interested in the web