FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bart PE and antivirus integration

bukaida
My computer is seriously damaged by virus and I cannot login even in safe mode. I am using windows XP SP3. I have made a live CD image of xp using Bart PE earlier but donot know how to run/integrate my antivirus with it. I am using Kaspersky Internet security 2009. Please help.
Fire Boar
You'll probably be looking at a reinstall. Generally if a virus stops you from logging on, your operating system is damaged beyond reasonable repair. Use BartPE to back up all the files you want to keep, wipe your disk and start over.
Diablosblizz
Fire Boar wrote:
You'll probably be looking at a reinstall. Generally if a virus stops you from logging on, your operating system is damaged beyond reasonable repair. Use BartPE to back up all the files you want to keep, wipe your disk and start over.

Not necessarily Fire. Bukaida, please check the link below and read my post (the second one):

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-106152.html

It's a bootable antivirus OS. If you have Bart PE you obviously (or should) have an image of Windows XP. Then just follow the instructions that the video says and you may be able to fix it this way.

I hope this helps.