FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Industrial decay - analogue photos

Josso
I took some of these on an urbex near Oxford, a lot I had to photoshop to get the contrast right mostly - I developed and printed these myself.

(Proud of this one)

Vladalf
You cought some really great pictures there.
They remind me of a great website, http://www.abandoned-places.com/index.htm . I think you'll get alot of inspiration from it. Have fun and keep exploring!
Vlad
Josso
Vladalf wrote:
You cought some really great pictures there.
They remind me of a great website, http://www.abandoned-places.com/index.htm . I think you'll get alot of inspiration from it. Have fun and keep exploring!
Vlad

Henk Van Rensberg was big inspiration for me to start in the first place, I researched him for my college project. He has some amazing photos of some huge sites - I swear he has no fear of security whatsoever Laughing
Vladalf
Josso wrote:
I swear he has no fear of security whatsoever Laughing

Yeah, he never ceases to amaze me.

Will you be posting more of these? Or was it just a one day adventure?
Vlad
Josso
We're returning to it hopefully within a month...
Magicman
I would never think that such desolate places could produce such interesting images. I doubt they would be anywhere as good if they weren't monochrome since I doubt the images were full of color in the first place. How did you get the aerial photos? Were they taken from some sort of aircraft or were they simply taken from a roof or a higher floor in a another building?
Josso
Magicman wrote:
I would never think that such desolate places could produce such interesting images. I doubt they would be anywhere as good if they weren't monochrome since I doubt the images were full of color in the first place. How did you get the aerial photos? Were they taken from some sort of aircraft or were they simply taken from a roof or a higher floor in a another building?

Yeah with shoots like this I think black and white makes the photos a lot more atmospheric. No, the pictures higher up were taken from the roof of the building.
erlendhg
Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are indeed very nice.

The first one even looks a bit like it is extracted from a cool 3D computer game Cool