FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PE version for Windows 7?

shenyl
Anyone into this area?

Would be happy to get lots of advice on this area, as I have good impressions of PE for XP, and I am using BartPE for most of my disk image backup tasks.

So, if there are some advices, please do provide them. With many thanks.
brokenadvice
From what I understand, BartPE works on a vista (or possibly win7) with a few file management plugins. It does not, however boot into vista, you are still stuck with XP. There are some others like http://vistape.net/ but I cannot personally vouch for them.
shenyl
at Bootland, there are many who discussed about PE on Vista, personally I have not reach that stage, except for XP.

But, I believe there will and can be an PE for windows 7.

Still hoping for possible advice
shenyl
at Bootland, there are many who discussed about PE on Vista, personally I have not reach that stage, except for XP.

But, I believe there will and can be an PE for windows 7.

Still hoping for possible advice
gilwe
shenyl wrote:
Anyone into this area?

Would be happy to get lots of advice on this area, as I have good impressions of PE for XP, and I am using BartPE for most of my disk image backup tasks.

So, if there are some advices, please do provide them. With many thanks.

In most cases software which is made to run on Windows Vista, should be able to run on Windows Seven without any issues... please update us.
shenyl
Pre-installation Edition (PE) for Win 7, has been discussed in Bootland, but I am presently too tied down to my teaching preparation, and have no time to follow on this topic.

Will try and find time to look into this, as I am really pretty happy with the performance of Win 7, especially that it works well even on my NetBook using N270 processor.

The startup was just slightly longer than XP, but still give a very decent performance, but with much nicer graphical user interface.

So will feed back later on Win7 PE.

With regards.