FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ghost 8 backup of Windows 7

shenyl
As Windows 7 has just been release (Release Candidate 1 - 7100), I am beginning to look at the issues of Ghost 8 image backup.

I have problem previously with Vista, and have to tread through the Internet for solutions.

I found some good articles on Vista and Ghost 8, and was able to make the Ghost 8 image portable between different partitions on the same PC. This ensures that I can have my basic stable version of Vista on one partition, be used to re-load on another testing partition.

It involves using the Boot configuration Data editor - BCDEDIT.exe and 3 BCDEDIT commands to set the Boot sequence non-sensitive to where the partition is. also the pagefile is to be disabled.

Can anyone help, on Windows 7, as Windows 7 is an "upgraded" Vista, with an XP virtual machine running as part of the OS.

I am already testing Windows 7 RC with time limit till 1st March 2010, and would like to have the same portability as I have with Vista and XP.

Thanks for any helpful advices.
bukaida
I have not tested with multi boot but it is working fine with ghost 14 so far. Although has some minor issues with some drivers. As it is still in beta stage, final version is expected to be more stable.
shenyl
Thanks for info on Ghost 14, but I have stopped at Ghost 8, as Ghost 10 onward uses MS Volume Shadow Copy (VSC). I don't feel easy with backing up the engine while it is running - just an analogy.

Thanks, but I am specifically looking for Ghost version 8 for use with Windows 7.