FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any knitters around here? =)

sondosia
I used to knit a long time ago but then I stopped, and now I'm taking it up again. Anyone else like to knit?
Lamchops
I'm horrible at knitting but I really want to learn how to do it.
furtasacra
I knit and crochet. Either is a great hobby, because you can do little projects that you can stuff in a purse or backpack to keep yourself from going crazy when you're bored (DMV, doctor's waiting room, bus stop, etc.) and eventually have something to show for it.

I spend all year making afghans, hats, scarves, stuffed animals and various weird things while I have nothing else better to do, and my friends and family damn near cry over their lovingly hand-made (and inexpensive) gifts at Christmas.

Right now, I'm actually making something for myself for a change - I'm crocheting lace sleeves to sew onto a wife-beater shirt.
Crinoid
Also knitted long time ago. Know a lot about it - needles, crochet - but lacked productivity.

For some it is a breeze, they can knit without looking at it while watching TV, making a sweater within a month.
For others it's an abstract knowledge like geometry, and practical applications take forever to finish - an year or more for a similar sweater. It makes no sense.

Instead of work of love, it becomes a chore. One loop: insert, down, pick up, pull, repeat 3-5 times for complicated pattern, check for identical size, start again. Another loop. Another loop. And another loop...
Not one sweater, another sweater Laughing

By the way, I met only two productive persons, and tens of others, like me Wink

Good luck and the best wishes.
jwellsy
My favorite knitting quote came from the movie Das Boot.
soljarag
back when I was young I used to have like this plastic kind of knitting I used to play with... I forget what it really looked like... but i think it had like a hexigon mesh part that u feed the plastic yarn through
graystonscattery
I learned how to knit at the age of 7 at school and made many garter stitch dish cloths! LOL! Now in my sixties I still love to knit and have knitted many, many things over my life time.

At present I am knitting a mauve jumper for my daughter.

We both also crochet and I am also busy makning snuggle blankets for the cats home Smile

Take care and all the best

Sue
crimson_aria
I remember knitting when I was in elementary school. I'm in college now and I can't remember how to do it anymore.
hangnhu
I'm trying to find time for knitting or crochet, hopefully after I finish my MA and in full time employment then I could do it on the train

anyone who don't know how, get yourself to a club, I'm sure club members would help if you ask kindly. As far as I know, they're free to join and you're not obligated to attend regularly.

It excellent for stress relieve and making things yourself it always more worthwild
ponda
I actually crochet, but I would love to learn how to knit. No time though.
jabce85
Anyone heard of urban knitting? google it if you haven't
freeshann
Yes I love knitting. It is a great hobbie, like someone said earlier, one great thing about it is that you can take your project with you anywhere, unlike a sewing project or even scrapbooking where you need so much stuff or a big heavy machine (and power) I used to knit on the bus on the way to work.
Right now I am knitting booties for my friends who keep popping babies out!!
Smile