FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

environment jobs

jharriman80
Does anyone know of any great listings for environmental jobs? I know of one really good site e-jobs.org
deanhills
jharriman80 wrote:
Does anyone know of any great listings for environmental jobs? I know of one really good site e-jobs.org
I generally find that the best way is networking, word by mouth. Internet is easier, but actually sitting down and checking up on the people you know has a much greater chance of tangible results than searching Websites. I'm sometimes on the receiving end and we receive virtually hundreds of applications. While these are forwarded, management where I am would be earmarking people who have approached them and encourage them to apply online. It could well happen that they do not even look at the online applications.
coolclay
The best way to get jobs in environmental fields (as well as any other) is like deanhills said networking. I find going to conferences and other similar things is great for networking and making awesome connections. Employers would much rather meet someone person to person than read a application. Almost every job I have gotten I got the job before even submitting an application. Not to say that finding online jobs, and submitting an application is bad it's just by doing so is kinda like entering the lottery with thousands of others it's basically chance. Also sometimes employers aren't really looking for new employees so they won't advertise but if they like you, you never know!
scallywag
http://planetfriendly.net/

Lots of awesome environment/conservation, etc jobs in Canada, depending on where you're located on if you're willing to relocate.