FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photos taken in NYC, April

f00lishhhh
Last month I went on a school trip to New York. The plane journey was agonising (sitting next to an unusually talkative teacher) and the hotel was atrocious (loud neighbours, if you know what I mean) but having the opportunity to walk around New York taking photographs was worth it.

Here are a few photos I took during the week I was there. They aren't tourist snapshots; hope you enjoy. For the record, I developed and printed these photos myself.

Josso
Are these 35mm? They seem like a weird print size that's all Confused

Nice photos - although they could do with some touching up in Photoshop to remove scratches, watermarks, etc. Did you scan the prints or scan the negatives straight in?
f00lishhhh
Yeah they are 35mm, but when I was printing I did use a frame so they aren't the right size. I scanned the prints in. I did contemplate removing the scratches but I think they are a testament to the distance the negatives travelled... they were rolled up in film canisters for days and miles... so I might not.
Flakky
Photo number 3 and 6 are the best I think. The expression of the man on photo 3 is the best you took Smile
Lucy
Those are great photos. You really captured alot of life in them. I like the guy with the ice cram the best Very Happy Surprised
Fatality
Nice photography. I like the effects you added to them. The black and white shading and the "wrinkle" lines add a very nice touch to them.
zbale
I like the last one. I guess in general somebody would say that the contrasts are too strong but I don't see how you could have used a slower stock.