FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Spartan
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a free online shooter (PC), and quite addictive may I say. You can play as either the Americans or the Germans in WWII. You can choose your own classes, such as a medic, an engineer, soldier, etc. I like this game mainly because of the "talking" feature. With a few buttons, you can command your soldier to say something, such as "Hallo!" for Hi as a German.

Has anyone else ever played this? If so, please do tell us your thoughts about it, and if you haven't played it, give it a try!
Vladalf
I played it and it seemed nice and addicting but one thing put me off: the fast paced combat. Was expecting something where a little thinking dosen't hurt. But other then that, great game.
Vlad
[FuN]goku
Ah! Yes. In fact, I think it was 2004... possibly 2005, i started playing it with my dad. And we ended up joining a clan. And i played it up until 2007, then i started playing World of Warcraft.

If you ever get a chance, look up on how to trickjump Razz
It's funner than the actual gameplay sometimes Wink

Medics, were probably my favorite class (setting the adrenaline ability aside for trickjumping), because they were fast to level up, and it was just something i was good at.

Covert Ops, probably my second favorite. The have the ability to steal uniforms, and blow up constructions. Some maps kind of "REQUIRE" you to have at least one, unless you have really skilled players. Best thing to do as a covert, is get a disguise, and then take your knife out and backstab the other team >: D . Also a sniping class Wink

Engineer - Builds things such as guns, objectives, barriers, repair tanks. Usually an essential for any map. They get dynamite, pliers, landmines and can either have an mp40 or a grenade launcher.

Soldier - These usually aren't needed, but are nice to have for a variety of things. They can have the mobile err... mg42 i think ( could be wrong on the name), a mortar, which are especially fun to play once you know how to use em, Panzerfaust , good for nuking multiple enemies at a time, flamethrower, i personally never really liked that much... Meh *shrugs*

Field Ops - These are usually really handy, and you should always have at least one. They call in airstrikes, and provide ammo for your team. These are probably one of the fastest classes to level up, next to the medic.

Thats pretty much a "brief" rundown of the different classes. Can't really recommend any classes to anyone new playing... just mess around and find out which class is right for you i guess Razz
Spartan
Trickjumping? Wolfenstein? I'll look it up right away! I'm glad to see that some of you actually played it!
traxion
Spartan wrote:
Trickjumping? Wolfenstein? I'll look it up right away! I'm glad to see that some of you actually played it!

what, didnt you play it?

that game is a must play for a games fan.

the game is the beginning of what now gear of war 2 and kilzone 2 are
ow and dont forget the call of duty-series, all those games arent the same without the wolfenstein game

there is a new wolfenstein game coming, check here the trailer
http://www.game-freakz.nl/trailer/34/Wolfenstein-Exclusive-Opening-Cinema.html
[FuN]goku
ooh the new one looks pretty sweet.
Sphaerenkern
I tried it a few times - mostly because I wanted to play True Combat: Elite, which is a Enemy Territory Mod, so I had to download Enemy Territory anway Very Happy
The classes are great, and the objective-based maps are really something compared to Capture the Flag or Team Deathmatch, which becomes not exactly boring, but just too repetative.
BUT the combat is really not my taste. It's too UT-like for me and for my taste, it's too "dumb".
Spartan
traxion wrote:
Spartan wrote:

what, didnt you play it?

that game is a must play for a games fan.

the game is the beginning of what now gear of war 2 and kilzone 2 are
ow and dont forget the call of duty-series, all those games arent the same without the wolfenstein game

there is a new wolfenstein game coming, check here the trailer
http://www.game-freakz.nl/trailer/34/Wolfenstein-Exclusive-Opening-Cinema.html

Lol I did play it, but I didn't know trick jumping existed. I do now, it looks so funny Razz.
Anyways, yeah, my friend who told me about Wolfenstein also told me about the new one. Very Happy
Vladalf
Sphaerenkern wrote:

BUT the combat is really not my taste. It's too UT-like for me and for my taste, it's too "dumb".

Exactly that left me a bitter taste aswell.
Vlad
Spartan
Vladalf wrote:
Sphaerenkern wrote:

Exactly that left me a bitter taste aswell.
Vlad

I'm OK with the combat. I don't have a good connection now though, so I ALWAYS lag. It's not fun like that.