FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter Strike/Hammer problems

weableandbob
I've decided to try my hand at mapping, and I've been able to make an extremely basic map to test (more of a room), but I've run into a problem that I've had since I got the game. Anytime I try to create a server (which happens when you try to load a map), I get an error: The instruction at "0x0eff3e2c" referenced memory at "0x0f5ca1a0". The memory could not be "read". Then the game exits, and I have absolutely no idea what's wrong. Anyone know how to fix it?
Diablosblizz
Have you tried re-installing CS?
weableandbob
Not yet, but I guess losing my favorite servers and weapon sets wouldn't be too bad if there isn't any other choice =/
Diablosblizz
Both can be backed up. I believe if you just reinstall the game (not Steam itself - unless your using non-steam) Steam will keep your history. Or google the file to backup.

EDIT: A little googling, I'm in a good mood so I won't lmgtfy.com it, I've managed to found this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734944
weableandbob
Ok, thanks, although I haven't found a way to back up the weapon slots, although that isn't much of a problem. It should only take a few minutes to make them again.
weableandbob
Nope, reinstalling didn't help a thing. I still get the exact same error =(. I didn't lose any favorite servers or anything though Very Happy
ether
Try reinstall operating system, this error (memory could not be read) is very famous. I think that in another programs from time to time u have error like in cs?