FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Geting Host info from Guest OS.

Cddhesh
Hi friends,
These days i am working on hot technology called Virtualization (VM ware).We are releasing our ISO of product.We are successfully able to do it. I was very happy to see our ISO running in VM player.
If anyone has worked in this field, then that person will come to know how funny it is to work on VM technology.
I am very anxious to know one thing about this Virtualization.Actually i was trying to get Host machine name and IP address from Guest ISO running on that VM server.
I tried my best to hunt for any help, but could not get satisfactory solution.If any one has worked on such thing in Virtualization please help me out.
Agent ME
Without some sort of VM extension allowing support for this specifically, there is no way you could do this.
froginabox
Agreed. There may be APIs within virtualizations like Xen, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion that allow this, but somehow I doubt it - this defeats the purpose of VMs, doesn't it?
menino
You can get host info using VMWARE ESXi server, which is free download, after registration.
Using VMware client, you connect to the host server, after installation, and you get to see all the info in a dashboard format.

Also with parallels Virtuozzo containers, you can do the same. Parallels also has Parallels Virtual server, but it is not as great as vmware. Mad