FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla! won't install

adri
Well, I tried to install Joomla 1.5.10 for the sixth time (today Shocked ) but it just won't work.

When I try to install the Sample posts it always gives an error like this:
Code:
The XML that the Server send back was invalid

or something like that Razz

I did install Joomla! in the past (1.5.5) and even wrote a manual about it... (I also tried it with 1.5.5. version but it gives the same error).

What can I do?

EDIT: Installing it with Fantastico isn't an option because it only provides 1.0.x versions.

PS: I'm on Server 1 with cPanel.

Adri Wink
Faraz
Adri,

Try to install it without the sample data and then import the sample data manually from phpmyadmin.

Read these links for more details:
http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1944/310/1/5/
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=260717

I hope it helps.
loyal
adri wrote:
Well, I tried to install Joomla 1.5.10 for the sixth time (today Shocked ) but it just won't work.

Code:

I did install Joomla! in the past (1.5.5) and even wrote a manual about it... (I also tried it with 1.5.5. version but it gives the same error).

What can I do?

EDIT: Installing it with Fantastico isn't an option because it only provides 1.0.x versions.

Adri Wink

Just go for wordpress Razz it's so much easier. I sound like a paid advertisement lol.
chiragpatnaik
loyal wrote:
adri wrote:

Code:

What can I do?

Adri Wink

Just go for wordpress Razz it's so much easier. I sound like a paid advertisement lol.

I recommend Concrete5, if you are not looking for somethign very heavy duty.
adri
i did managed to install Joomla 1.5.10 the following way: (For the people who have the same problem Crying or Very sad )

At the configuration page during the Joomla installation I had the following error when trying to install the Sample Data:

Quote:
"The XML response from the server is invalid"

I clicked "OK" and filled in the fields that i could fill in. After the installation was finished I had this error:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: DBtype in /home/tabogaw/public_html/installation/installer/models/model.php on line 731

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getnulldate() in /home/tabogaw/public_html/installation/installer/helper.php on line 290

Actually a little different because i have a newer version than the guy with the same error.

Now to make Joomla! work you have to do the following:
  1. Go to your filemanager and go to your joomla directory, where you browse to installation/sql/mysql/
  2. Edit this file: sample_data.sql and replace all #__ with your databaseprefix (normally jos_ )
  3. Now download the file and go to your phpMyAdmin
  4. Go to your database and click on "Import", browse to your sample_data.sql and click "GO".

If you also have a Database error, when you delete the Installation directory, then you have to do the following:

1. Go to your file manager, and browse to your joomla directory.
  2. Edit the Configuration.php file
  3. And add your database, password, user to this config-file.

@chiragpatnaik: I'll check that one out Wink
@loyal: Wordpress isn't good for what I need. Wink (But I do have it installed on my Host Smile )

Adri