FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to do an upload script??

halilibo
hi, i need to learn how can i write my own upload script, used in gmail, showing the percent of uploaded file and can upload more than one file at the same time.

can you help me about what should i do?

that is necessary for my site project. and i want that all codes in my site to belong to myself, so i dont want to use scripts on the net. I should learn how to do this.

i tried invisible iframes but could not get the percent or kb of the uploaded part of the file.
kv
The upload in gmail uses flash. Try searching for "flash upload script" in google.
pashmina
you could learn principles from the lynda.com's video tutorials.
try finding a free demo pass and watch the video for free. i heard those videos are good.
once you know about the core php techniques to upload the files, may be you will be able to do that loading thing with the new jquery UI. i had stumbled acrossed that tutorial once. keep googling you will find that tutorial.
rvec
you should realy read the php faq (sticky in this forum), there's a link there to a page about safe web uploads. If you want to allow users to upload stuff you have to read that page if you want to keep it secure.
keane
halilibo wrote:
hi, i need to learn how can i write my own upload script, used in gmail, showing the percent of uploaded file and can upload more than one file at the same time.

can you help me about what should i do?

that is necessary for my site project. and i want that all codes in my site to belong to myself, so i dont want to use scripts on the net. I should learn how to do this.

i tried invisible iframes but could not get the percent or kb of the uploaded part of the file.

I think you would need advance PHP skills to do this. If it's gonna be a simple upload with restrictions on which type of files are allowed, there are sites that provide examples. You can use them as a reference. You can Google it... or check PHP's online manual, there are users that post sample codes there or W3C's PHP tuturials.
halilibo
kv wrote:
The upload in gmail uses flash. Try searching for "flash upload script" in google.

i just looked, but it is not flash.

Actually i want to learn the way to get the uploaded filesize (not the size when upload done).

for example:

i am uploading a 3M file.
there will be a progress bar, and it will show me what percent / how many bytes of file was uploaded.
Gmail does this.

Thought of, uploading the file in an iframe and getting size/percent from Ajax script. but i could not get the name of the file from iframe.
kv
I guess you can upload file via ajax/js/jquery but not sure if you will be able to handle the progressbar stuff using that. May be you will have to use flash/applet/activex upload for progressbar.

cpanel file manager provides a progress bar for upload. You can have a look at it's source too.

Here is some information on gmail-like file upload.
http://www.sajithmr.com/upload-files-like-gmail/
Stubru Freak
You can use Flash, Java or Javascript (with AJAX). Do you know any of these languages? If you do, it can't be hard.
halilibo
Thank you to all, for the answers. I will try more.

Thanks a lot.