FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

girls w/ "the love of their life" boyfriend comple

jabce85
seriously, what is the deal.. i know a couple girls like this now and both of the guys they think are so incredible are actually horrible human beings.... what is the deal?!
apple
I am a bit confused as to what exactly you're asking. could you please repeat?
jabce85
to sum it up.. they think they have found the "love of their life" and in reality the guy treats them horribly. It's not that i'm jealous or anything, because i've talked to several of my friends that think the same... but none of us can really figure it out
apple
jabce85 wrote:
to sum it up.. they think they have found the "love of their life" and in reality the guy treats them horribly. It's not that i'm jealous or anything, because i've talked to several of my friends that think the same... but none of us can really figure it out

ohh, now I understand.

I myself would like to know the answer to this question. I guess people don't always allow themselves to see whats really happening.
deanhills
jabce85 wrote:
Possibly it has to do with self-esteem and what they are used to and comfortable with? Some girls like to suffer with lots of drama in their lives. They think it is OK to be treated that way as perhaps their mothers are treated that way too? Also, women have this tendency to think that there is something good in those guys and that they have the power to save the guy from himself. Change him! So they seem to focus more on the guy's "imaginary" potential than his actions towards them.
jabce85
ahh.. that sounds like a pretty good explanation.. it's just such a shame that these girls don't see what's really happening; especially when there's always some other guy out there that could almost be a perfect match. thanks for the input btw
lagoon
I know a lot of people like that.

It is really sad. Sad
Solon_Poledourus
I think it's for the same reason that these young girls always end up in the tabloids, and then complain about the paparazzi. Stay with me here...
Most of those girls you speak of, probably do alot of complaining about their boyfriends, or about how guys in general treat women bad. Yet they stay with them. The theory I have is that deep down, they feel that any attention is good attention, and the worse they get treated(to a point), the more attention they get.
So, with girls like Lindsay Lohan et al, they say they hate the paparazzi, yet they never take action to avoid it. I mean, you don't hear alot about Kevin Spacey in the tabloids, or Harrison Ford, or Mila Jovovich, etc. Yet they are every bit as famous(or more), than the girls in the tabloids. But the actresses you see getting hounded by paparazzi actually have a craving for such attention. Same with girls who date A-holes.
Deanhills is right about self esteem. They crave the attention and the drama, it makes them feel important. The same goes for guys too. I can't count how many guys I know who constantly dated girls who treated them like sh*t.
You gotta love yourself before you can expect another person to love you.
Subsonic Sound
It works both ways round. A male friend of mine was convinced his relationship was going to last forever, even though she screamed at him every night, and he could seemingly never do anything right.

Inevitably it ended, and he's now with someone far better suited to him, and wondering how he ever believed he was happy before.