FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need help,please...........

jossylala
hello all and thanks for reading this message. Please i got an assignment to design a video game quizzing system for primary school students in mathematics and i dont know how to do it(frankly speaking)... please if you can help ot,please do... its would be just a simple game. thanks!!!
Marcuzzo
what have you got so far?
jossylala
For now i was able to great an english tutorial game kald hangman using d codes i got when learning php bt my instructor said that he nid it to be video based and nt jst any type of coding.So i may say am no where.
jossylala
I mean,i mustnt me a maths tutorial game only,it could also be an english tutorial game.Thanks all!
Jamestf347
What language must it be?
Peterssidan
Is this a school assignment? In that case it's strange that they give you assignments that you don't know how to solve. And it's probably not a good idea to expect that someone else will do it for you.
[FuN]goku
Peterssidan wrote:
Is this a school assignment? In that case it's strange that they give you assignments that you don't know how to solve. And it's probably not a good idea to expect that someone else will do it for you.
Thats true, if it's a school assignment, and you don't know how to do it , it's either A. You've slacked off in class and should have been paying attention, B. You Misinterpreted information from the teacher C. Your teacher is an r-tard. I know this from experience Wink

Second, if it IS an assignment, asking someone else wouldn't be a good idea, because you wont learn MUCH. You might learn something from the code. But as far as getting someone else to do it goes... err yeah.. probably not the best idea for other reasons. For example, if your teacher questions you about a section of your code, and you have no clue what it means, i would say your outa luck Razz

Last, can you explain a little more clearly what you need. Such things as:

-What language does it have to be coded in?
-What sort of things need to be done (if it's maths, how hard of questions. I'm assuming simple equations like 2 + 4 etc..)
-Is there a scoring system of some sort? ex. The person gets 50/100 so they get 50% so it's considered a "pass mark"
-Do you need their answers exported to some sort of format. i.e. xml , html table, spreadsheet. etc..

I won't do the assignment FOR you, but if you need help with any coding, I'd be more than happy to help out Razz . That is, if it's within my coding knowlege. Smile
jossylala
Hello,am going to the school part time bcos am a medical student. Secondly,in my country most computer schools only teaches theory bt nt practical.So u c,thats y i dnt knw hw to go about it. The language is nt specicied,so any language is ok. And there should be a scoring system. But no need to export the scores.I would be glad if you give me steps on creating it myself.. It should be either maths or english equestion in a kind of schools cometition format with teaams 4rm different schools participating
Marcuzzo
if it needs to be video based and needs to run on a pc I would suggest you look into Flash and ActionScript.
there are plenty of tutorials out there.

If the issue is with the programming language itself and you happen to get stuck on something and post the code here then I'm 100% sure that anybody here that is able to help will help.

put some effort into it my friend
jossylala
I dnt knw flash/action script,how do i go about it?
AftershockVibe
jossylala's signature wrote:
Jossy's Cheap Flash Services

If you don't know flash then why do you advertise your services in your sig???!
Diablosblizz
Well ain't that something. I hate AS3, total rewrite of AS2 and it makes me angry.
[FuN]goku
/agree with AftershockVibe

Flash is relatively easy for that kind of thing though, so you might wanna look into it.
Even php (if it doesn't have to use ALOT of gfx) would be good.

Though, if you were fluent in some sort of programming language, i would recommend using SDL, or for .NET programming SDL.Net (screw XNA Framework >: D )
Peterssidan
Java is also an option, but you most know some programming language? Use the one that you feel most comfortable with.
Marcuzzo
AftershockVibe wrote:
jossylala's signature wrote:
Jossy's Cheap Flash Services

If you don't know flash then why do you advertise your services in your sig???!

ROFL, I clicked on his sig Link.... it opens another Topic on this forum..

and I Quote:

jossylala wrote:
hello all.....

i have decided to give out some of my services...if anyone here needs a flash movie or logo,just drop a link to the image to be used for the design and describe the effects you want and am going to make you your logo/movie... also dont forget,after you post the job description,i would then tell you my price.Its just that easy(prices are in $frih only)

jossylala wrote:
hey man,i dont show of my work cost i dont do works to keep...also,i just perfected my skills so thats why i want people to benefit from it just like i have done from others

does this video have anything to do with the other topic?
Peterssidan
Maybe he can use flash, just not actionscript Wink
Jamestf347
I can create a c++ program of it ... You'll have to figure out how to put it in a executable program by yourself though ... I'll get working on it right away, and if you want it message me.
Marcuzzo
Peterssidan wrote:
Maybe he can use flash, just not actionscript Wink

ye, could be.
I still think this is odd
jossylala
Yes maccuzzo,i do knw how to use it for logo and movies but dont know d gaming part of it.@ all,i c u guys dnt want to help instead i get queries. Pls thanks 4 the comment i realy appreciate it though it wasnt favourable,i guess i would try to get help sumwhere else.
Fire Boar
jossylala wrote:
@ all,i c u guys dnt want to help instead i get queries. Pls thanks 4 the comment i realy appreciate it though it wasnt favourable,i guess i would try to get help sumwhere else.

Hey, you're not going to get help just by saying, basically, "please write a game for me". The world doesn't work like that. You're going to have to get into gear and just get on with it. If you can't do it, ask a teacher for help (but again, not the "do it for me" type).

Also, please use a spelling/grammar checker. I'd rather not have to spend ages staring at your posts trying to decode them, if at all possible. Thanks.
umeshtangnu
will do for $$
jossylala
@ume, i need you to do me the game for $ cos i couldnt get anyone to help out. How much who you charge me in $?