FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

wich is the best antivirus for gaming

gethere
guys could you please advice me wich is the best antivirus for gaming machine..
which doesnt slows down ma pc and detects viruses
joostvane
Bitdefender (www.bitdefender.com) has a game mode, wich still scans your pc, but doesn't take a lot of recources when it is in that mode.
Diablosblizz
Bitdefender is horrible. NOD32 on the other hand is lightweight. Give it a 30 day demo, and you'll be surprised. Avast! is pretty good too, but that's only if you don't want to purchase NOD32.
weableandbob
I just use avira and don't have it scan while I'm gaming. One of the non free versions of it has a game mode, though.
Skye001
Nod32 has my vote, very quick and does not hog system resources!
harismushtaq
I use Avira and it does not hammper my system at all when I am playing game. Avast is also worth checking.
welshsteve
I'm not a big gamer but I have Kaspersky at home and never have any problems.
Kashinilaya
For Mac, you can check this link: http://antivirus.about.com/od/antivirussoftwarereviews/tp/aamacvir.htm
vincent668
gethere wrote:
guys could you please advice me wich is the best antivirus for gaming machine..
which doesnt slows down ma pc and detects viruses

If you are looking to get a free anti virus, then my vote goes for AVG. However, for paid antivirus software, kapasky is my choice.
awazdohamko2004
antivirus and games dont go together ... use a game booster that stops all the back ground services including the antivirus and any other windows back ground services to make your gaming performance better than the best
workout
Hi, I use http://theshhit.com/download-free/1-47920-AVG-Antivirus-Professional.хтмл he easily finds viruses and does not slow your PC
Pattinson
The best anti-virus is Kaspersky or Norton but they are not free. Kaspersky does offer a free online scan but it doesn't remove what it finds. Second best free are Avast and AVG and others. The Microsoft firewall that comes free with XP and Vista is quite good but unfortunately provides no visibility. If you need visibility, try the free Zone Alarm. Zone Alarm is very good but it is difficult for me to say it is the best. The best firewalls are not free. You have phishing filters in Firefox 3 and IE 7 and IE 8 (Smart Screen Filter) and AVG. It's strictly a question of how often the phishing filter database gets updated with accurate information. It's tough to say which is best.
johans
i recommend KASPERSKY very light anti virus...
TenshiMaster
avast free... has a game mode, with not lag.. and It's Free! Very Happy
Hexes
In my opinion Avast free is quite good. It's not very resource hungry, has gaming mode (turn off some functions, don't scan during our playing session etc.) and it's free Smile I've tried nod32 but ... It's slower than avast (memory consumption was like 5% higher). Few years ago nod32 has no competition but now avast improved a lot!
kirii
avira,it has gaming mode,can prevent pop up which will interrupt your gaming experience