FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dumped out of the blue by depression

a_shattered_heart
Me and my girlfriend were happy, she suffers with deep depression and i help her through a day at a time, some days worse than others but rare. This Friday we were happy and eating at a restaurant and had a wonderful time. We had a right laugh, holding hands ect... i was really proud...Saturday morning i was dumped without warning claiming her depression has made her confused, the physical attraction is gone, she don't feel the same about me ect. She said she needs time to find out if she is in love with me or not... even her mum said its not normal and she needs to see someone.

My heart is broken, she's always crying every day since, she text me and says she knows she loves me but needs to find if "shes in love with me" she said the reason for the dumping was she couldn't stand seeing me go through the pain... we haven't spoken in 6 days as requested and now my mind is getting paranoid on me.

She text me out of the blue saying "i still think i made the right choice" i mean why remind me? i was angry more than anything. She's also been browsing my facebook account because she phoned my friend inquiring who certain people are and she broke down into tears on the phone to him saying she misses me.

All the signs of regret are there yet she still thinks she made the right choice... can anyone help me out?
apple
a_shattered_heart wrote:
Me and my girlfriend were happy, she suffers with deep depression and i help her through a day at a time, some days worse than others but rare. This Friday we were happy and eating at a restaurant and had a wonderful time. We had a right laugh, holding hands ect... i was really proud...Saturday morning i was dumped without warning claiming her depression has made her confused, the physical attraction is gone, she don't feel the same about me ect. She said she needs time to find out if she is in love with me or not... even her mum said its not normal and she needs to see someone.

My heart is broken, she's always crying every day since, she text me and says she knows she loves me but needs to find if "shes in love with me" she said the reason for the dumping was she couldn't stand seeing me go through the pain... we haven't spoken in 6 days as requested and now my mind is getting paranoid on me.

She text me out of the blue saying "i still think i made the right choice" i mean why remind me? i was angry more than anything. She's also been browsing my facebook account because she phoned my friend inquiring who certain people are and she broke down into tears on the phone to him saying she misses me.

All the signs of regret are there yet she still thinks she made the right choice... can anyone help me out?

how old are you? how long were you together?
break ups are always hard, especially when you care a lot about someone. my advice is to let her go if that is what she wants. you should think you deserve a girl who'd want to be with you, not someone you have to convince to stay.
deanhills
a_shattered_heart wrote:
Best to let go of her. If you stick along for too long, you may develop the aura of a victim to the extent that you cannot relate to women in a healthy way. Not all women are like that. There are two people in the relationship and obviously it is not working for you either. Perhaps you need to take time-out and do your own thing. It does not need to be pursuit of another relationship. Just absence of one that is too heavy and not going anywhere. Find a new hobby, join a new club, look for friendship with other girls in a non-romantic relationship capacity. Important not to discuss "relationships" with these girls, try and make it light and healthy like playing sports with girls. Scuba diving is nice for example. Try and expand your horizons rather than limiting them to one person.
babygeek
find yourself...and you'll find her...if you two are meant to be together...clique..but still true...