FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Daily podcast design

lagoon
I would like to start a daily podcast for download in the UK, but I do not know what the best way of distributing it quickly is. Also, how would I publicise it and get it off the ground?

I want to do it on the days political news and my take, as a teenager, on it.
GB
A daily podcast? Wow you are ambitious. That's a lot of work. Best way to distribute has got to be iTunes, right? I might also make it available in a mp3 player on your website and make it so you can download it from there as well. But distributing through iTunes will probably be best as it will allow users to subscribe to it. I'm sure there are others too. Find out what your target audience uses and do that would be my recommendation.

As for publicizing, I'd try to get listed in as many relevant podcast and website directories as possible. Tell all your friends, but most of all make good content that is easy to listen to and digest.

And so you don't get burned out, you may want to consider a weekly podcast, at least to start out with. These are the types of podcasts I think people listen to anyway. In fact, a daily podcast would be difficult to listen to as I can't download podcasts at work.

The idea, though, is pretty solid. I'm glad you didn't say something like "I just want to make it about everything." Yours is much more focused. You didn't even say, "I want to do it on politics." Instead, your angle is a teenager's view on politics which should be quite interesting. Good luck, go for it!
lagoon
Yes, it would be a great way of getting 'the big picture' and of making sense of news. I think it would be a better idea to do a weekly one.

As for getting listed on iTunes, what is the best way to go about it? The information available is patchy at best, and many seem to think it takes a while from submission and getting listed.