FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My favorite #2.

subirbasak

Shot it at gajan Fair.Gajan a Shaivite folk festival, held on CHAITRA SANGKRANTI (the last day of Chaitra..according to eng calendar ,its in middle of april) and on full moon nights up to the full moon of Asadh. The festival is associated with various gods. There may thus be SHIVA's Gajan, the Gajan of DHARMA THAKUR, the Gajan of Nil etc. But the main object of this festival is to celebrate the marriage of the sun and the earth. The reason for this festival is perhaps to appease the sun and pray for rain during the hot, dry month of Chaitra.
The festival is arranged on the premises of Shiva temples. Those who take part in the festival after making vows are called sannyasi or bhaktya. They take sacrificial food and wear uturi (wrappers). Each one holds a staff. They try to satisfy the god through different acts of penance, such as piercing their tongues with nails, jumping upon thorns, walking on burning charcoal, etc. CHADAK PUJA is performed on the occasion of the Gajan festival. During this festival, processions are brought out from the premises of the temple of Shiva and taken to other villages. A pair of processionists take the roles of Shiva and Gauri and render dances. Other bhaktyas take the roles of Nandi, Bhrngi, ghosts and spirits, monsters and demons and dance along with Shiva and Gauri. During this time different verses are recited narrating the story of how Shiva's sleep was disturbed and going on to his marriage, his agricultural activities etc. This festival usually lasts for three days. During the gajan on Chaitra Samkranti, Kali dances are also performed in some places describing how the goddess slaughtered the monster Asura.
Diablosblizz
It looks pretty interesting, although HTML coding doesn't work here. BBCode, on the other hand, does.
Vladalf
The colors are astounding. Also those eyes look very focused. Nice one!
Vlad
ajitha999
t:
The colors are astounding. Also those eyes look very focused. Nice one!
Vlad Wink Wink Wink
ioicn
nice picture
standready
Very interesting photograph. Thanks for sharing.
mukesh
lol nice photograph
emanuel2
reminds me of avatar Very Happy but cool picture thumps up
chatrack
It look like avatar krish
Caxius
standready wrote:
Very interesting photograph. Thanks for sharing.

+1
Very Happy
lightwate
I felt a chill when i stared at his eye. It's kinda creepy. And you captured the whole feeling of it. nice jovb Very Happy
Ghost900
Very nice capture of the scene. That is a great shot, the painting is rather interesting on its own but the nice angle and overall color makes the shot really stand out.