FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sports forum "football" threads.

jveezy
This isn't a huge issue. It's more of just an annoyance. Can we put a limitation on football/soccer threads and threads for every other sport? I think there should just be an official thread for each sport for favorite team/favorite player discussions and leave new threads to discuss recent sports events. I'm getting kinda sick of seeing threads that ask what do you think about this player or which of these four players is the best or stuff like that.

Also, this will cut down on the annoying phenomenon of American football fans barging into threads that obviously discuss football/soccer and would easily realize that they are posting off topic if they would just take the time to read the thread. The same is true for soccer fans barging into American football threads.
Monkeydog
Football and soccer make me so confused >.>
I don't know really but repeated posts are annoying.
wuggizle
Yeah, a good idea to seperate them. I have been on other forumns and if you have the two in one theres always a argument ... 'the proper name for football is soccer, american football means football' and it gets all confusing.
Jack_Hammer
wuggizle wrote:
Yeah, a good idea to seperate them. I have been on other forumns and if you have the two in one theres always a argument ... 'the proper name for football is soccer, american football means football' and it gets all confusing.

No, the proper name for football is football, the word orignaes from the Victorian era, before most of America was established (Except for Native Indians) so therefore the english meaning of football origniated way before american football was even invented let alone named...

(and just to state an OBVIOUSE point here but foot-ball means foot and ball, where as American football doesn't use much of the foot as it's basically Rugby (Incidently the City I was born in and where Rugby origniated) with pads where as football itself is just using your foot)

I hate being so damn clever
Wink
HunnyBaby
a football forum would be effin awesome I love footballl.... Football is like my life. The Eagles are super bowl champs this year. I mean they've got...
Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Brian Westbrook, the amazing Eagles O-line, Jevon Kearse, Jeremiah Trotter, Dhani Jones, Michael Lewis, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, and the MAIN MAN HIMSELF I mean what else can I say but the best FS in the League/Ever Brian Dawkins ..20 himself THe man with the sick black visor all these with clear visors... they are nice but nothing compared to the black visor. and continuing, N.D. Kalu, Todd Pinkston, L.J. Smith, David Akers. There are a few im missing but those are off the top of my head. And i bet you dont believe those are off the top of my head but... well they are....