FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain

Conikair
Maybe an option to have your forum hosted on a different domain (like dragoncry.eiruslg.net) would be good, cause "frihost" is kind of...weird. Very Happy
Bondings
Conikair wrote:
Maybe an option to have your forum hosted on a different domain (like dragoncry.eiruslg.net) would be good, cause "frihost" is kind of...weird. Very Happy

Can you maybe tell me why you think it's weird? It's short and easy to remember IMHO. Eiruslg.net isn't that easy to remember.

We won't be offering different subdomains in the near future. However we might get a few new ones when we get a new server or in a few weeks. What do you think of frih.net? You may always suggest a few good ones.
Alienz
Bondings wrote:
Can you maybe tell me why you think it's weird? It's short and easy to remember IMHO. Eiruslg.net isn't that easy to remember.

We won't be offering different subdomains in the near future. However we might get a few new ones when we get a new server or in a few weeks. What do you think of frih.net? You may always suggest a few good ones.

frih.net is nice. Short and simple. If Frihost intended to get another subdomains will the current users had a choice to change it?
Bondings
Alienz wrote:
frih.net is nice. Short and simple. If Frihost intended to get another subdomains will the current users had a choice to change it?

I don't know it yet, but can you imagine what a work that would be? To change a subdomain, you have to delete the previous account and create a new account with the new subdomain. You, of course have to make a backup and install that. That would take a lot of time.
Alienz
Bondings wrote:
I don't know it yet, but can you imagine what a work that would be? To change a subdomain, you have to delete the previous account and create a new account with the new subdomain. You, of course have to make a backup and install that. That would take a lot of time.

Oh I see. Its so much work needed to be done. Sorry didn't know much about the domain and server thingy.
Helios
lol just register a domain: www.dot.tk

hmm there are alot of free domains out there.. google em =P
Conikair
OK, wow, didn't expect so many responses!

1. Frihost is pretty easy to remember - I was banging on the keyboard then, though! - though I feel it gives an impression of "cheapness." I mean, I do use it because I don't have $200 to spend monthly on good hosting but sometimes it gives the impression that you whipped up a site in ten minutes, advertised for five days, and don't plan on doing anything else.

2. frih.net sounds good

3. Using a different domain can be an option in the future

4. A lot of people (like me!) refuse to use .tks because they have extremely obnoxious pop-ups

Thanks for bearing with me! Rolling Eyes
Helios
Conikair wrote:
OK, wow, didn't expect so many responses!

1. Frihost is pretty easy to remember - I was banging on the keyboard then, though! - though I feel it gives an impression of "cheapness." I mean, I do use it because I don't have $200 to spend monthly on good hosting but sometimes it gives the impression that you whipped up a site in ten minutes, advertised for five days, and don't plan on doing anything else.

2. frih.net sounds good

3. Using a different domain can be an option in the future

4. A lot of people (like me!) refuse to use .tks because they have extremely obnoxious pop-ups

Thanks for bearing with me! Rolling Eyes

at .tk you can disable ads.. =P
ralex
Isn't there a way to use other redirecting services and you can just input your nameservers and subdomain and it'll be an easier url? I don't know if you can do this with frihost or not :\ (i've been out of it for a little while so if anyone knows, let me know)
Conikair
Helios wrote:

That's new to me! Smile
And ralex, that sounds familiar to me - something like what InvisionFree can do with the domain manager? I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Embarassed
lsaiyuki
why don't u offer us to post for free domain?,like www.mysite.com. That will be great
Bondings
lsaiyuki wrote:
why don't u offer us to post for free domain?,like www.mysite.com. That will be great

Yes, I was (and am still) thinking of that. It was one of the main reasons why I started the FRIH$.

The problem is that at the moment I haven't been paid even a single dollar back for the server. Before spending extra money on domain registrations, I first want to be sure that I see a part of the money come back to me.

But normally we will have the option to get a domain for a specific amount of posts, so you can start posting a lot now. Very Happy You do have to understand that the ammount of posts you need won't be small. (And you will need the same amount next year.)

We might also start other free webhosting websites based on other concepts than forum posting. And we might be offering free domains on those plans. But that's future music. Very Happy
Helios
Conikair wrote:
Helios wrote:

That's new to me! Smile
And ralex, that sounds familiar to me - something like what InvisionFree can do with the domain manager? I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Embarassed

In ¨myDotTk¨, go to My Marketing(just click on that phrase).
There you can choose the ¨No Banner¨ option:
¨No, thanks, I don't want to have a banner on my website.¨

as you can see: http://www.novab.tk/
no banners nor popups.
babumuchhala
if u want u can go to cjb.net and get urself a domain like yourname.cjb.net

It also provides mail aliasing that will forward all mails to ur desired email account

It also has some kind of webhosting facility, but when u compare it to the one given by our forum thats just CR@P
Conikair
Yah, but some people say cjb.net has spyware and so refuse to use it. Confused
Cryptz
weird no, frihost.com is orginal and interesting,i seen dumber and weirder host domains

but yours isn't weird
Helios
spyware won´t affect me.

thanks =)

I´ll try to make some domains later.
babumuchhala
cjb.net puts up a tiny ad that spoils the fun

So i found uni.cc to be a more better .

But recently they have stopped DNS support and just giving redirection Crying or Very sad
msphoto
I have several questions and comments, Geek People. Frihost is easy to remember. For some reason I did not associate it with a cheap website. I haven't tried it here yet, but for most of my other web llds a personal domain masked and forwarded gives the appearance of working. If there is a reason any of you smarter than me web people feel this should not be done, please speak loudly and clearly.(I am sitting on about 15 urls I need to put to work)
deanhills
msphoto wrote:
Frihost is easy to remember. For some reason I did not associate it with a cheap website.
Same here, but then I can be a little dense with names. Took me a while to link up Fri with Free. Like figuring out Bondings as coming from James Bond. Took me ages to figure that one out, and that is only because someone else explained it in a Forum. Smile I think after a while Frihost is like any name, and it is quite easy to remember. Only part that I got wrong from time to time is using Frihost.com, instead of Frihost.net.

I like the idea of being able to purchase a domain name with Frih$. If an offer should come our way, it is something that I will most definitely be interested to buy.
polly-gone
I think the name Frihost works out just fine. My only problem with it is that if I am verbally telling someone about it, I have to spell it out.

"Oh, you need good, free website hosting? Try Frihost, that's what I use."

"Which one? There's lots of free hosts."

"Frihost."

"Yes, I understand that. But what is the name of your free host? Geez, dude."

"Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third..."

"What?"
misterXY
Or just buy a domain for like what, 7 bucks a year? most are less then a buck a month.......
Ghost Rider103
This thread is five years old...

There will more than likely be a way to get (win may be a better word) domains through Frihost in the near future.

-close-