FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with a pen drive

metalfreek
I am having a problem with my 8GB pen drive. When I try to copy, remove or format my pen drive it says write protected. I cannot see any switch in my pen drive and I was unble to format using diskmgmt.msc Does any one have a solution for this. Plz
bloodrider
It's U3? Format it by the software in-built.
aningbo
i think your system is infected wit virus. probably an autorun.inf is running a virus in the background. go for a good scan with upto date anti virus.

also, try it out with a new system where there's an anti virus installed. dont double click your pendrive but use the address bar at the top and select the drive
ForceRun
He might be right about there being a virus, but most likely it was used on a Windows system that uses user permissions, so the file(s) can't be erased until you use that same system again, or take ownership of the files/folders on the drive. A small amount of drives have a little tap on the side to lock the drive and make it read only, take a quick look for that.
nivinjoy
It's beacuse either you have virus on it or in the system...!! Anyway try installing a powerful Antivirus and try formatting it...!! It might work..!!