FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

most fascinating universal body

sanju
Which universal body has always fascinated you the most always ?
bloodrider
Galaxy clusters! Their organization proves that all material as some form of organization, maybe even our universe is part of something Razz
psleang
I've always liked neutron stars and black holes. I love extremes and you can't get much more extreme that those two. Also, anything born in a supernova MUST be cool. Smile
nolee
As I learn more about our universe, I become more fascinated by our own planet. Smile
Bikerman
nolee wrote:
As I learn more about our universe, I become more fascinated by our own planet. Smile

Yes, I have to agree. Most of the universe is very simple indeed compared to the Earth. Once life gets going then things get very very complex.....
desonium
Im a big fan of black holes. They are really special and its amazing how they appear.
killianvillian
as a concept... evolution.

it was the first free open-source solution the world showed us, as humans.

happy mothers day.
Vladalf
killianvillian wrote:
It was the first free open-source solution the world showed us, as humans.
That... was... excelent.
And, well I like looking at galaxys on wikipedia. Allways finding something new and interesting.
Vlad
taytay
I finally found the Big Dipper again last night! Took me forever to find it last year. I used to live in the suburbs, where it's stars just barley stood out against the light interference. Now I'm in the country. I can see so many stars I don't know what to do with myself! And counting stars as a cute date trick isn't really an option anymore. I would have to drive 2 hours just to get close enough to the city that it wouldn't get boring to count so many. lol. Now I can actually start learning Where the constellations are Razz there we go! new cute date trick. Razz
Jinx
I like nebulae- Star Factories. Ever since I saw those first colorful Hubble images, I've been entranced by them. Especially the image of the Eagle Nebula, the Pillars of Creation, where you can see star EGGs forming and breaking away to become brand new baby stars.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap061022.html
classicevony
The back groun radiation has always facinated me, Itis what is left from the first moments of the unioverse and we can observe it here today!
Neilos
I haven't stargazed too much yet, but I start my Astrophysics degree soon and I get to go to an observatory and look at all this. I think I'd like to see other planets the most, up-close and personal!

Mut my favorite so far was watching Halley's comet when I was a kid!

Neilos
welshsteve
Somewhere like Titan is fascinating because of it's similarities with the early earth.
vasvaas
it would be our earth. There is nothing like earth, none discovered yet. And everything about earth is so amazing. Next it will be those voids of space and the super massive black holes including the white holes which are yet not discovered
DoctorBeaver
For me it isn't any particular body, or type of body, that fascinates me the most. It's the sheer scale of our universe & its expansion. The distances involved are mind-boggling and the concept that bodies are not moving away from each other, but that the space between them is expanding, sends my imagination into a frenzy.
naweed
I think that the most fascinating bodies in space are dark holes. Dark holes have such a huge force of attraction that it can attract even light !
Bikerman
No. Black holes stop light from emerging. ALL bodies 'attract' light.
dapopeyoh
Well, I must say that I am very fascinated with black holes. They really amaze me. Also, I kind of like the rings on Sartun.
Dennise
Earth .... our fantastic rare earth.

Teeming with life, human life forms, magnetic poles, shifting seasons, atmospheric makeup, fertile soils, large amounts of liquid water, single large moon, volcanoes, earthquakes, tides and more.