FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shoe throwing a fashion.

sana618
is shoe throwing at political leaders turning out to be a fashion. the latest victim of the shoe throwing, the Indian PM Manmohan Sing.

at least Muntadhar al-Zaidi had a reason for throwing his shoe at President Bush, but what reason did this man have throwing it at his Prime Minister???

http://www.india.com/news/india/now_shoe_hurled_pm_manmohan_singh_4374
deanhills
sana618 wrote:
is shoe throwing at political leaders turning out to be a fashion. the latest victim of the shoe throwing, the Indian PM Manmohan Sing.

at least Muntadhar al-Zaidi had a reason for throwing his shoe at President Bush, but what reason did this man have throwing it at his Prime Minister???

Well, at least that is better than shooting him, but probably not very wise. At least Prime Minister Singh did not put him in jail, no doubt for making himself appear good seeing that he was in the process of campaigning to be elected.
sana618
i wonder when exactly the elections finish in India, because whenever you see the indian news ther is some kind of election going on all the year around.
deanhills
sana618 wrote:
i wonder when exactly the elections finish in India, because whenever you see the indian news ther is some kind of election going on all the year around.
lol I was thinking exactly that too. Would be nice for someone to tell us what it is about and the when, where etc.
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
sana618 wrote:
lol I was thinking exactly that too. Would be nice for someone to tell us what it is about and the when, where etc.

Laughing
Right now ... it's the General Elections - right on schedule, 5 years after the last general elections.
The next Indian government (and Prime Minister) will be decided based on these elections.

The elections for the state legislative assemblies are held in (staggered) bunches - with so many states, these elections are probably what make it seem like there are elections going on all the time.
ocalhoun
You see, this is why the person who threw shoes at Bush needed to be punished. Perhaps it was worthwhile, but if one does it, gets off relatively easy, and becomes a national hero, there will be more.
vineeth
Here is a partial list of politicians already faced "shoe attack"

1. Dr. Man Mohan Singh, Prime Minister of India
2. Lal Krishna Advani, Opposition Leader and Prime Minister Candidate of Bharathiya Janatha Party
3. Chidambaram, Union Minister for Internal Affairs
4. Yedyoorappa, Chief-Minister of Karnataka (Bangalore is in this state) and senior BJP leader
deanhills
vineeth wrote:

2. Lal Krishna Advani, Opposition Leader and Prime Minister Candidate of Bharathiya Janatha Party
4. Yedyoorappa, Chief-Minister of Karnataka (Bangalore is in this state) and senior BJP leader

So one can say shoes are flying in India? Soon we will have an epidemic Laughing
prithvi
vineeth wrote:

There had been a dearth of shrewd politicians of late, but here we have a new bunch of 'shoe-d' ones.
Fake
as far as i know, it s a common thing
nothing new in the subcontinent
hunnyhiteshseth
Fake wrote:

I don't know what are your sources but seriously man all your information, not only this post but including your other recent posts too, is dead wrong!
deanhills
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Fake wrote:

I don't know what are your sources but seriously man all your information, not only this post but including your other recent posts too, is dead wrong!
My understanding following the above postings in this thread was that shoe throwing is a regular occurence at political meetings in India. Is this correct hunnyhiteshseth?
hunnyhiteshseth
deanhills wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Fake wrote:

My understanding following the above postings in this thread was that shoe throwing is a regular occurence at political meetings in India. Is this correct hunnyhiteshseth?

No, infact throwing shoes at politicians is something which is quite new and started only after shoe throwing incident of Bush.
The only way shoes were involved earlier were when during protests effigies of politicians were slapped with shoes and burned!!
deanhills
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
deanhills wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Fake wrote:

No, infact throwing shoes at politicians is something which is quite new and started only after shoe throwing incident of Bush.
The only way shoes were involved earlier were when during protests effigies of politicians were slapped with shoes and burned!!
So I guess politicians are trained to duck shoes these days?
Nick2008
Maybe shoes will be banned from top-level meetings now.
spring567
deanhills wrote:
sana618 wrote:

Well, at least that is better than shooting him, but probably not very wise. At least Prime Minister Singh did not put him in jail, no doubt for making himself appear good seeing that he was in the process of campaigning to be elected.

I argee. Throwing shoe can not kill anyone.It just a new way to send a message.
deanhills
spring567 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
sana618 wrote:

I argee. Throwing shoe can not kill anyone.It just a new way to send a message.
Perhaps someone should start an improvisation on this theme, perhaps design political objects that can be thrown at politicians? Rubber books or some sort of soft objects with a symbolic message? Smile