FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lay-out of Forums Page After Google Ad

deanhills
Bondings, this is not a biggie at all, but after the recent changes regarding the Google Ad I find when I am logged in that the Frihost Search: ..... All words ...... Exact Phrase .... etc. line are on top of the bottom line of the box at the top of the page, i.e. the one that has our Avatar in it as well. The bottom line runs through the text of the Frihost Search: line. Think some space needs to be deleted in between the Google Custom Search and Frihost Search box so that the Frihost Search Line aligns with the "You have 0 open AWITs" under the Avatar. Or the box needs to be made one line taller.
Bondings
I know this is a problem for some people. But I think I know an easier solution. Considering the Google Search is barely used anymore, I'll remove it from the top header.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I know this is a problem for some people. But I think I know an easier solution. Considering the Google Search is barely used anymore, I'll remove it from the top header.
Excellent idea thanks. You're right, I did not even think about it, I never use the Google Custom Search. I only use Frihost Search.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
OK, I have an understanding now that how it appears on your screen is different. However it looks worse now on mine after the edits. The Google and Frihost Search boxes are bunched up against the Avatar and Client Info. There is lots of space in the box in between the bottom of the Client Info and where the box ends. I've taken a screen pic of it:

truespeed
^^^ It looks ok if you have a blog,as the blog info goes in the middle with the search boxes to the right.
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:
OK, I have an understanding now that how it appears on your screen is different. However it looks worse now on mine after the edits. The Google and Frihost Search boxes are bunched up against the Avatar and Client Info. There is lots of space in the box in between the bottom of the Client Info and where the box ends. I've taken a screen pic of it:

What web browser are you using? I just tried it in Chrome, IE, and FF.

I'm guessing your using a real old version of IE or FF? As for the other guy saying it looks fine if you have the "Create your Frihost Blog" he actually does have that option, but it's being forced down below his avatar for some reason.
Peterssidan
For me it's not just the search that goes through the bottom line. The last item left of my avatar is almost below the bottom line. It has been like that since the top box was introduced.

truespeed
Here's mine,it looks all right on all the browsers i use,the only thing i woukd change would be to put a space between the avatar and the text to the right of it.

Bondings
truespeed wrote:
Here's mine,it looks all right on all the browsers i use,the only thing i woukd change would be to put a space between the avatar and the text to the right of it.

This is how it is supposed to look, at least it does for me and I always thought that it is this way for everyone. I guess not.

Anyway, I'll redesign the whole header anyway. I'm going to remove the google search and move the menu below the info (switch the 2 parts).
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
truespeed wrote:

This is how it is supposed to look, at least it does for me and I always thought that it is this way for everyone. I guess not.

Anyway, I'll redesign the whole header anyway. I'm going to remove the google search and move the menu below the info (switch the 2 parts).

Thanks Bondings. It is not a real biggie. Just hit the eye when I did my postings yesterday.
SpellcasterDX
truespeed wrote:

Mine looks like this as well.
deanhills
SpellcasterDX wrote:
truespeed wrote:

What size screen do you have, and what version of Explorer? I have a feeling maybe it has to do with screen size and the design of the table cell.
truespeed
Mines set to 1024 x 768.

I don't use explorer,though i have the latest explorer 8 i think.
SpellcasterDX
deanhills wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:
truespeed wrote:

What size screen do you have, and what version of Explorer? I have a feeling maybe it has to do with screen size and the design of the table cell.
17" screen, FF v.3.0.10. 1024x768 resolution.
deanhills
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Thanks Spellcaster, I have a 15" screen, think that has to be one of the differences.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Thanks Spellcaster, I have a 15" screen, think that has to be one of the differences.

Screen size doesn't matter at all, only resolution.