FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ebay Software ..... Beware

Dennise
Recently I bought a "new-in-box shrink wrapped Abobe CS3 on Ebay.

Wow, what a convincing piece of pirate software! The actual disks themselves, the shrink wrapped packaging and the documentation all looked completely authentic.

But the serial number was bogus (as advised by Adobe) and the authentication menu drop down was missing completely.

Fortunately it looks like PayPal will do a refund.

For others .................. BEWARE !!!!!
Diablosblizz
I don't think I'd ever buy software online from eBay, or any non-retail online store.
Flakky
Yeah often when you buy it on eBay it's either pirated or already used. In both cases you lose Sad
ocalhoun
I don't think I would ever buy software at all. ^.^
silverdown
I always buy my software right form the creator with a giftcard. Never know what or who will try to scam you.... Thanks for the heads up as well!
David_Pardy
I've bought a couple of games off eBay, and that's all.

One of them was definitely a pirate copy.

I've been looking for NFS:MW on eBay and the only 'new' copies come from India. I don't want to buy second hand, either.
aningbo
new software coming from India? pirates rule hehehe

i dont think i would ever need to buy any software Very Happy

its just that i'm a little too poor to effort it as of now. may be someday when i start a legal firm hehe
weableandbob
This is one of the reasons I never use eBay for anything.
ocalhoun
David_Pardy wrote:
I don't want to buy second hand, either.

1- Then why are you shopping for it on E-bay?
2- It is perfectly legal to get it second hand, as long as the original owner no longer uses it.
annapurnatraders
weableandbob wrote:
This is one of the reasons I never use eBay for anything.

I would never get CDs / softwares from Ebay. Rather than that, everything is ok to buy from Ebay.
I am a fan of Ebay. I have bought many items and turns out to be great. You need to build a first. Need to communicate with the seller, get all the information (details) before you buy it. you can always ask for additional pictures in your personal emails, all communication should be crystal clear. Then only i guess you won't be cheated.

as a backup you always have paypal to support you if anything happens.

XXX
jwellsy
I have bought several programs off fleabay without problems. I do look at the sellers history. If I have doughts about the seller or the listing its self I surf on past it. Sometimes if the deal seems boarderline, I will ask the seller a couple of questions just to see if they respond,
awazdohamko2004
if you did buy the software online why didnt u use official website to do the transaction