FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thinking of purchasing a bluetooth keyboard

UKJim
Thinking of purchasing a bluetooth keyboard and I am wondering, how long is the average battery life for these things? I have read reviews but nothing to find out there.

Has anyone got one of these and would they recommend?
brokenadvice
I think the bluetooth keyboard should have a long lifespan. I do not have any experience with Keyboards, but I have two different wireless mice. The first mouse is Microsoft branded, and has worked well, I think I change the battery about twice a year. The second is a cheap off brand that dies about once a week, so I really only use it when traveling. I guess the moral of the story is that you should buy a brand you trust, and the battery life will be commensurate.
ForceRun
I'm very against Wireless keyboards of any kind. For the most part you keyboard never moves so why do you need it wireless? Wire keyboards work, with wireless you have to worry about battery, and signal strength. They are worthless for gaming. The only need I have ever had for a wireless keyboard is when I want to control my computer as it is hooked up to the big screen and sit on the couch.