FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Biggest Loser, I'm inspired...

Noremac
Idk how many people here have seen the biggest loser (Australian) but I just watched the finale and saw the winner, a 55 year old man named Bob, lost 87 kilos from like 170, or 52 percent of his bodyweight(figures arent exact, but something like that)

At the weigh-in, he said "I don't know which half of myself to comment on behalf of."

This was the first time in ages that I have felt really inspired, I mean, this man was so big that his weight should have cost him his life, what a turnaround.

I was wondering what the last thing was that really had you inspired? Whether it be somone's act of kindness, or something you saw on the news, or something in sport.

Tell a story...
Josso
This website:
http://www.abandoned-places.com/

I was looking around for inspiration on the net as my new photography project is "abandoned objects and places" and after spending about 2 hours on the site I decided to properly get into urban exploration and get a few shoots done that day. Recommended.

Sorry, not kind the same thing at all but it's the last thing that really inspired me.
Denvis
It's good how the contestants are losing weight eating healthy and exercising. But losing so much weight in the amount of time they did cannot be good for you. I'm worried because Bob is in his mid 50s and I remember watching the news about the previous biggest loser winner having problems a couple months after he won. But gratz to Bob! It is a huge achievement Dancing
sana618
for me it was my friend who inspired me. he used and still does tell me to live my life to the fullest and no matter what i must do things that make me happy, meet people etc. its because of him that i'm a member of this forum and am enjoying posting here a lot.
deanhills
I am a keen bird watcher and am easily inspired by them, right from swallows doing their acrobatic diving to enormous Egyptian eagles circling in the local mountain. I also get inspired by dogs and cats. The closest to humans are historical figures, I can't think of comtemporary people inspiring me at all. Perhaps tomorrow when I wake up I may remember that there is a person, but most would probably be associated with photography or DVD productions of wild life, oceans and birds. I also get inspired by beautiful photography, especially astrophotography.
standready
I have to laugh (not a the people on the show) My father, who sits on the couch, watching that show and comments "look at that fat &*^". My father needs to look in the mirror and say that about himself. DOH!
deanhills
standready wrote:
I have to laugh (not a the people on the show) My father, who sits on the couch, watching that show and comments "look at that fat &*^". My father needs to look in the mirror and say that about himself. DOH!
Guess this is pretty much symbolic of all of our judgments. What is that proverbial saying about if you point your finger at someone, two fingers point back at you.
sondosia
I think that when you're extremely obese, losing weight is easier than if you're just a little bit overweight, because a fairly small change in diet and exercise will make a big difference. If you stop eating sweets and high-fat foods, for instance, there go most of your calories. I feel like I'd almost be more inspired by a person who's just a little bit overweight and still manages to shave off those last few pounds, because that's hard.
mwsupra
I got pretty inspired by Susan Boyle. It was just great that after they all judged her for her looks she knocked everyone on their asses with her voice lol.
Noremac
sondosia wrote:
I think that when you're extremely obese, losing weight is easier than if you're just a little bit overweight, because a fairly small change in diet and exercise will make a big difference. If you stop eating sweets and high-fat foods, for instance, there go most of your calories. I feel like I'd almost be more inspired by a person who's just a little bit overweight and still manages to shave off those last few pounds, because that's hard.

I would agree, except when you are 150+ kilos at 55 years of age, you have an exremely aggravating time exercising, your joints hurt, there is no exercise availabe except viscious cardio as you arent strong enough to pull your own weight, I recently lost about 4 kilos, basically the last of my excess body fat, and it was hard enough but just a few weeks constant exercise, but this man pushed and pushed for months through painful training and constant dieting and fatigue.
missdixy
I am inspired by poetry, mostly. All kinds, too. And different forms of art -- mostly photography.
deanhills
sondosia wrote:
You have to be joking! When people are extremely obese quite a number of things may not be working very well. Their metabolism for starters would most likely be impaired so that they would only be gaining and completely unable to loose weight. Try and go through that, and then when you do loose weight, it may take at least 50lb loss for anyone to notice the loss. Makes it a double whammy. I think few people realize the enormous effort it takes. Also the only way is with medical supervision or a comprehensive nutritionist/life coach. It is only a gigantic effort that can have results for obese people.