FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New site! hosted by frihost this time =P

bkatz
http://demonicshadow.frihost.net

ignore the banner that says bkatz.3rror.com, it was my old host.

site was made by my friend schismX and me if you are wondering.

rate out of ten please. Laughing

btw, would you reccomend google ads for a sort of personal/message board/gaming site like mine? im not sure if i want to get them or not.
Jack_Hammer
First I would say that the top banner is too big, and as your website is nice and sleek I would recommend centering the website on the page, Secondly if someon has a slow connection they don't want to be loading lots of pictures, and although you have the background of your website black, you use pictures instead of tables and borders (Simple table borders
Code:
style="border-left-style: solid; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px
for example would be much easier to edit on the webpage and also give your website a much quicker loading time)

, back to your banner as I said it's large although on 1024x and higher screen resolution it fits in very nicely but with a 800x screen resolution it might not appear so attractive and unusually large. Also the text you have chosen for the headings for the navigation etc. is a very nice font when used between 6-8pxls and maybe 10pxls and the larger you make the pixalated font the more obscure it will look (and amerturish).

I would also like to point out that you have three main coloums on your website but the third colum is displayed half way down the page my personal view is that it would look more appealing if it were inline with the rest of the website.
Jack_Hammer
Sorry, hope I wasn't too hard on you, but I was just trying to give you some constructive critisism.
jveezy
Your little comment console on the right extends out a little too far. It's not a huge problem but it looks kinda weird. Maybe shrink it or extend everything else around it to make it more uniform along the right side.
bkatz
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Sorry, hope I wasn't too hard on you, but I was just trying to give you some constructive critisism.

nah no problem. Laughing

ill reread what you said later and try to improve. Very Happy
budazz
Jack_Hammer wrote:
First I would say that the top banner is too big, and as your website is nice and sleek I would recommend centering the website on the page, Secondly if someon has a slow connection they don't want to be loading lots of pictures, and although you have the background of your website black, you use pictures instead of tables and borders (Simple table borders
Code:
style="border-left-style: solid; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px
for example would be much easier to edit on the webpage and also give your website a much quicker loading time)

, back to your banner as I said it's large although on 1024x and higher screen resolution it fits in very nicely but with a 800x screen resolution it might not appear so attractive and unusually large. Also the text you have chosen for the headings for the navigation etc. is a very nice font when used between 6-8pxls and maybe 10pxls and the larger you make the pixalated font the more obscure it will look (and amerturish).

I would also like to point out that you have three main coloums on your website but the third colum is displayed half way down the page my personal view is that it would look more appealing if it were inline with the rest of the website.

hi , you mean it will look like the one made in an image ...using this css code is great... Laughing
budazz
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Code:

hi , you mean it will look like the one made in an image ...using this css code is great... Laughing
blackant
Just want to make some comments:

1) The border of the boxes would be nicer if it is something darker
2) A grey color text would be nicer
3) Shoutbox is breaking the blocks

Overrall, I would give 4/10 for the site. Can see that everything is not done up properly yet, hence rating based on the current state. Razz
albert
The background colour is too dark,
I suggest you to change the background colour to some colour lighter(eg Purple,Grey,etc.)It will be much better. Wink
SamiTheBerber
Nice layout Wink
LostOverThere
I liked it.
Good job, 3 out of 5. Surprised

My only pointer is that you change the banner to a Jpeg.
EJK-lifesaving-nederland
Looks Pretty black and good, but loading time could be faster, but that's allready said Smile