FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What you hate the Most.

MasterPK
I'm REALLY bored so I'm just making this for fun.What's something you really hate?For me, it's........BUGS!I cannot STAND bugs.Sometimes I hate them so much I just kill them with my hands.I honestly wish God wouldnt have invented Bugs.I mean really, what was he accomplishing by doing that? Rolling Eyes Oh well.My Mom really hates ants, and I have to adimt I do too.
JBotAlan
I have to say that mosquitoes are probably the singly most aggravating thing in the world. It doesn't help that for whatever reason, my heart medicine seems to make me "sweeter" to them...the family sits down and is going on about how amazing this camping trip is and such, and I can't stop swatting. And I'm the only one. This sucks.

At least there's bug spray. I might go crazy if I can't use it.

I also really hate death metal. My roommate loves it, and won't stop playing it. When I'm asleep. For that matter, I really hate having inconsiderate roommates. If I'm climbing into bed, shut off the stupid music! I can deal with it when I'm awake, but have some common freaking decency!

[/soapbox]
missdixy
I hate bugs in big numbers. Like, a bunch of spiders or ants or flies or maggots near me. Doesn't happen often or anything but it scares the crap out of me. It's just so freaky and disgusting.
standready
People! To clarify, I hate people who are inconsiderate of others. This last week has been very depressing for me. Five so called friends and even family just ordered me to do things for them. Bring this to me! Do that for me! People have just forgotten how to say "Please" or "Thank You". My boss that signs my paycheck seldom orders me around. He ask nicely and thanks me.
Diablosblizz
Ugh, I hate too many things. I work at a movie theatre, and (you've may heard of this) we offer the Scene program. We have to ask if they have the card. Most of the time they either say yes or no. But TONS of people either get it confused with:

1. Scene it card (there's no IT!!!!! - biggest tick off)
2. CAA (Umm... what?)
3. Seniors Card (..... why do I care if your 80 and buying popcorn)

It's something so small, but it bugs the heck out of me. STOP SAYING SCENE IT PEOPLE!
deanhills
I can't stand flies. I am certain the flies in the Middle East are even more irritating than in Canada. Here they fly right into your face, and I'm sure if one's mouth was open they would fly into that too. They are slightly smaller, and so cheeky. Totally fearless. I also am not crazy about mosquitoes and cockroaches are definitely not my favourite. Thankfully I don't have problems with the latter right now.
Denvis
MasterPK wrote:
I honestly wish God wouldnt have invented Bugs.I mean really, what was he accomplishing by doing that?

Okay. I hate Travel prices =]
mattyj
MasterPK wrote:
I'm REALLY bored so I'm just making this for fun.What's something you really hate?For me, it's........BUGS!I cannot STAND bugs.Sometimes I hate them so much I just kill them with my hands.I honestly wish God wouldnt have invented Bugs.I mean really, what was he accomplishing by doing that? Rolling Eyes Oh well.My Mom really hates ants, and I have to adimt I do too.

You do realise that with out "bugs" all life on earth would die out right?

"Bugs" help pollinate flowers
"Bugs" help break down wastes
"Bugs" are food sources for other animals we eat (Chickens for example)

I could continue but i think you get the point
deanhills
mattyj wrote:
MasterPK wrote:

OK, so describe to me all the good stuff flies and mosquitoes do, as like with crocodiles, I think these are species we can do without.
ankitdatashn
MasterPK wrote:

same is the case with me too, I hate bugs and feel they shouldnt have been there, so creepy animals, get in at every place, feed on food we eat!, disgusting!!

Anyway the bug I hate most is spiders and small flying insects. In a way I have spider phobia.
sana618
i don't know what i exactly i hate, because for me hate is a very strong word to use, i don't even hate bugs... maybe i dislike a few things like having chillies in my food or some one telling lies etc...
but i'm not really sure if i hate anything even after pondering over it i can't come across anything. maybe its in the back of my mind and can't remember it at the moment.
deanhills
sana618 wrote:
i don't know what i exactly i hate, because for me hate is a very strong word to use, i don't even hate bugs... maybe i dislike a few things like having chillies in my food or some one telling lies etc...
but i'm not really sure if i hate anything even after pondering over it i can't come across anything. maybe its in the back of my mind and can't remember it at the moment.
You're right, "hate" is quite a strong word, but I get the feeling it was not meant in a "strong" sense. More along the lines of dislike.
airh3ad
There is probably a thread like this around somewhere, but so many people are out there lets try again. I know we all have different situations and locations in life. But alot of us have being overweight in common. I'd like to hear some of the feelings that other people have trouble with because of their weight. Sometimes saying it (or typing it where others will see it) can help us deal with it and hopefully face it and change it! I'll start.The thing I hate the most about being overweight is the way it makes me feel embarrassed to be around people. what else? i have to keep it secret.
Hogwarts
What I hate? Oh, well, that's an easy one.
Quote:
You're vain, your games, you're insecure
You love me, you like her
You make me laugh, you make me cry
I don't know which side to buy

Your friends, they're jerks
When you act like them, just know it hurts
I wanna be with the one I know
And the 7th thing I hate the most that you do
You make me love you

That sums up just about everything I hate. No, seriously, this thread is a silly topic. Also, it's a silly topic that's likely to have been created several times. Uncool Sad

Ps: To all you bug-haters, why not just use insect repellant? It generally doesn't work against flys, however, so I suggest using dedicated fly repellant. Two weeks in the Grampians without fly repellant .. oh, I'll certainly never manage to forget fly repellant in future Razz
Solon_Poledourus
I have a short list, but I'll only mention the one at the top. A theif.
I think it's the most deplorable human behavior. I've never tolerated theft. A while back, I read a book called The Kite Runner, and a character named Baba in the book summed it up better than I ever could:

"Now, no matter what the mullah teaches, there is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft... When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness... There is no act more wretched than stealing.."

And mosquitos. They steal blood.
mattyj
deanhills wrote:
mattyj wrote:
MasterPK wrote:

OK, so describe to me all the good stuff flies and mosquitoes do, as like with crocodiles, I think these are species we can do without.

well flies is easy - maggots (fly larvae) break down waste as they develop, they eat dead and rotting animals

and anyway, what makes you think humans have any more right to be here than Mosquitoes, Crocodiles or any other animal?

why can we do without crocodiles as you put it, but not "cute" "cuddly" animals???

Crocodiles are vital to their food chains, just as any other apex predator is
Helios
I don't really hate something specific, not for a long period of time at least.
I'd say these days I'm mostly annoyed by mosquitoes. So far all the good and helpful sprays are too expensive and those electric things that heat some toxic smelly pad don't work properly.
I go to sleep at midnight or 1 am mostly, and I need to wake up at 6 am - during that period I usually score about 2 to 4 kills with my slippers Razz
deanhills
Helios wrote:
I don't really hate something specific, not for a long period of time at least.
I'd say these days I'm mostly annoyed by mosquitoes. So far all the good and helpful sprays are too expensive and those electric things that heat some toxic smelly pad don't work properly.
I go to sleep at midnight or 1 am mostly, and I need to wake up at 6 am - during that period I usually score about 2 to 4 kills with my slippers Razz
I used to go through that too until I discovered a roll-on called Tabard in South Africa. It has a good smell that you are unaware off, and it really does the job very well. I noticed during my last trip there at the end of last year they have a new brand: "Peaceful Sleep". They had it around at the Hotel where I stayed at on the bed-side table. Smile
Fatality
I would have to say working or a job. I like being productive, don't get me wrong, but I don't like having to get up at 7am and working all day. I feel like the world is moving on without me. I would very much like to travel and see places. Just me, but I HATE having a job.

@ the original poster: I know a lot people that hate bug of all kinds. They are a part of the food chain and without them we would all likely die. Just a little tid-bit of knowledge. Smile
carlospro7
gnats. I hate gnats big time. We have to deal with those bastards every day. Mad
silencet25
Lol i hate 3-rd party moded games it crashed my 3000$ computer
Faraz
I can't stand load shedding! Evil or Very Mad
Nameless
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
Every other sin is a variation of theft... When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness... There is no act more wretched than stealing.."

Okay, no. That's not what theft it. Theft is taking something without permission. Killing someone is not theft, because you do not TAKE a life, you destroy it (ie. at no point does your possession of life change). Similarly, you can't steal rights. If you lie, your possession of truth does not change, and the other person still HAS the rights, they're just not being fulfilled. If anything, there's a strong moral argument that you lose your own rights.

And something I hate? The way so many people eat up the over sensationalised, stupidly biased and/or startlingly useless crap that gets passed off as "news" by the media.
Solon_Poledourus
Nameless wrote:
Okay, no. That's not what theft it. Theft is taking something without permission. Killing someone is not theft, because you do not TAKE a life, you destroy it (ie. at no point does your possession of life change). Similarly, you can't steal rights. If you lie, your possession of truth does not change, and the other person still HAS the rights, they're just not being fulfilled. If anything, there's a strong moral argument that you lose your own rights.

The character was speaking metaphorically. But I'm not going to get in an argument over silly details. A thief is what I hate most, because it's the most dishonest type of behavior, in my view.
As Fatality said about working a job, I tend to agree. I'd rather be travelling and expanding my experiences. Being a cog in some other persons wheel is not what I want to spend the majority of my life doing.
Arty
Quote:
"Now, no matter what the mullah teaches, there is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft... When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness... There is no act more wretched than stealing.."

Now what about adultery? How is that stealing?
Besides, most people think pride leads to all sin.
Solon_Poledourus
Arty wrote:
Now what about adultery? How is that stealing?
Besides, most people think pride leads to all sin.

The fictional character in the book would probably say that adultery is the theft of trust on the part of a persons wife or husband committing the adultery, or something to that effect. At any rate, I'll say again that he was speaking metaphorically to convey his dislike of those who steal. If I had known it would be taken so literally and cause people to argue about what a fictional characters' opinion was, I never would have quoted it.
James007
People who don't read the most important topic within this universe.

-close-