FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How fast is your internet?

shrykull
Hi everyone,
please write the speed of your internet here. I am from Poland and use mobile internet (Polcomtel).
My is pretty slow, 70 Mb/s and has monthly down an upload limits.

If you don't know or not sure of your internet speed measure it here http://www.speedtest.net/ This is pretty nice site, good to visit if you dont know the speed of your download or need to test your net supplier.

Regards,
Shrykull
Diablosblizz

Upload is so horrible . . . I get 1MB/s download (that's 1 megabyte, not megabit). Keep in mind that SpeedTest is measured in megabits, so that's not the actual speed you're getting. 10MegaBits = 1 MegaByte.
8166UY
Well, actually 8 bits are 1 byte. That's why for example RAM is always dividable by 8 (1024 for example). I have 30Mb download and 2Mb upload in my rented room in Rotterdam, while my parents have 20Mb download and 1.5Mb upload. Here in Holland it's relatively cheap. My parents pay E29.90 for that internet and the phone as a bundle.
mwsupra
At home I'm only downloading at 5mbps which is enough for me. However right now at work I'm getting a sweet 3 megaBYTE/sec connection Smile

Too bad I can't download large files on this crappy work comp...
standready
I have inexpensive DSL. Slow but gets the job done most of the time. "speedtest.net" claims to have a booster. Wonder if it really works?
shkumbin
I have a pretty fast cable internet (at 3 and something Gbps) and I dont have any speed , downloads or upload limits, I am downloading movies and music as much as I can Smile And I am very satisfied with the speed and the service, I live in a small countr , but now there is internet everwhere....
spring567
Latency Test Error
SyHz
24mb/s down and 2mb/s up

its slow Sad
RipperGOD
32kb d/l 28kb upload! Its damn slow!
speeDemon
dont know about you guys, but I've got a max 2 MBps, in the average surfer's mind, that means that I can watch most youtube vids without the constant pausing and buffering...
Fatality

This at my work, but I have 1.5 Mb/s DSL at home.
emonbd
i have a home connection which gives me 40kbps with unlimited bandwidth.
watersoul

O2 mobile internet/£15.00 per month

...I know, it's pretty rubbish really, but it does the job most of the time Smile
airh3ad
im tired of my pldt dsl.. i have been using this for more than 3 yrs now.. apparently since last year, the speed has deteriorated so much.. im on the 512 kbps plan but often times the speed is just too slow.. i sometimes get around 54 kbps! wtf.. i dont have problems paying this much if only i get my money’s worth.. ive heard of my friends using Globe dsl and told me its better.. i think imma go check it out.. im really tired of pldt.. its so much of an inconvenience.. and i rely internet connection for my work.. grrr..
airh3ad
Im very tired of my pldt dsl.. i have been using this for more than 3 yrs now.. apparently since last year, the speed has deteriorated so much.. im on the 512 kbps plan but often times the speed is just too slow.. i sometimes get around 54 kbps! wtf.. i dont have problems paying this much if only i get my money’s worth.. ive heard of my friends using Globe dsl and told me its better.. i think imma go check it out.. im really tired of pldt.. its so much of an inconvenience.. and i rely internet connection for my work.but its okey i have internet rather than to be offline.
ankitdatashn
Mine upload speed is 15.19 Mb/sec and upload yielded an error!!. Guess I'm in the better half Smile
Josso
Up to 8mb, varies between 50 and 750kbps (no joke). Pretty standard rubbish UK connection. No limits though, I couldn't live with download limits.
ronzzkee
for me sometime im gaining a unique speed of 15 mbps Laughing

valadez

Those are my speeds and they do quite well for me. Apart from the limits I think your internet speed looks incredible shrykull.
Zombie
My internet at home is very fast... it's fiber optic. However, I'm at college, and the internet here is slow...
Helios
Paying 28$/month for this crap. No monthly limits though for downloading/uploading.
There's an awful monopoly here, with one company controlling the infrastructure and being one of the best ISPs with no good competitors.
Of course, they don't want to invest into FTTH or something similar, why would they... even though this is a small country (Israel).

umeshtangnu

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
too slow
adeee
shrykull wrote:
Hi everyone,
please write the speed of your internet here. I am from Poland and use mobile internet (Polcomtel).

If you don't know or not sure of your internet speed measure it here http://www.speedtest.net/ This is pretty nice site, good to visit if you dont know the speed of your download or need to test your net supplier.

Regards,
Shrykull

i am also use mobile net

115kb/sec

for only Rs.480/month

means 5$/month.

its a reasonable spead...

but i started dsl soon......
adeee
shrykull wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards,
Shrykull

i am also use mobile net

115kb/sec

for only Rs.480/month

means 5$/month.

its a reasonable spead...

but i started dsl soon......
andredesignz
Well am using a 4Meg interest Speed
coreymanshack
I highly doubt you guys connections are like 80mb on a home network. Probably 80mb on some corporate network or college.

My home connection is 1mb down .5mb up.
Vrythramax

All things considered...not too bad. Razz
skygaia
I'm from korea and using mainly wireless internet.
speed is average 4Mb/s(downloading). there is no monthly limit for downloading and uploading.
mp3songshome

Pretty slow Sad but am planning to get a good one.. here internet is little expensive.
b4r4t
Well ...

I'm from Poland and I'm with INEA ISP Smile

Download is: 4mbps (about 512kb/s)
Upload is: 512kbps (about 64kb/s)

PING is about 15-20ms to servers in Poland.

Cost ... ~$22/€16 for month Smile

Nothing to complain ... it's ok but I would be gratefull for symetric 4/4 Smile
pumpin

Pretty slower than expected actually...There's actually poor internet connections here in Nigeria Sad
fladry
Nick2008

Pretty good here. No limits on downloading/uploading. Very Happy
stel4e
Connection speed: 21.63 mbps down , 13.60 mbps up
Connection type: Cable
Service provider: Megalan
Cost: 30lv a month ( 1lv = $1.38 )
paskifire
my internet provider sucks. Smartbro Razz
Moshkin_Khan
Arnie
skygaia
I'm using mobile internet (wibro) out side and FTTH at home.
usually 4M(downloading) and 1M (uploading) with mobile internet. but there is 30GB monthly limit. And home internet speed is almost 100M(downloading) and no monthly limit.. it's so fantastic.
anakin_skyrunner

Pretty good, I think... Smile
Pepperfan
When I upgraded from 56k modem 4 or 5 years ago... I am guessing. I was getting 4 meg down and 128k up. and it has been slowly upgraded by by ISP RoadRunner usually with no fan fare. In fact I was running 6 meg down and 512k up until just recently. Then when I read this thread to day I noticed that I am now running this! Very Happy

Nice.. Though I would trade a good amount of my download speed to be running 1 meg or greater up.

Charles
erlendhg
shrykull wrote:

Sorry, what? Do you actually feel that 70 Mb/s is slow? To me that sounds incredible. I think that is
really fast.

Our family pays for a 3Mbit/s downline broadband connection, and I think that is fast enough. We only have about 512 kbit/s up, though, and that is really not so much.
soljarag
dang.. some people here have insaine speeds!

here's mine:

about 1 MByte/sec
soljarag
Arnie wrote:

Thats just crazy! I would fill up my harddrive in no time
Arnie
Mr. Green
Nick2008
Arnie, how much do you pay for that killer internet?
computerexpert09
comcast is only good in sum arena i got 16/6 in pa and 8/6 in florida its good tho
computerexpert09
comcast is 50$ a month for the best one its worth it too ide say..
rvec
-close-
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-79175.html
This close is part of rvec's big general chat cleanup