FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When were you indexed by Google?

brios
I wanted to start a thread so we can understand google better. I'm not to sure if google indexes each site once a month, or different times depending on what your sitemap says, or what??? I know sometimes google crawls my pages a few times a day but other times nothing the whole day. For those of you that monitor your logs, lets post how often googlebot comes to visit us.
Josso
I think it mostly depends on your pagerank, but yes other factors are involved.

Just looking now my site josso.co.uk was cached 5 days ago, I have a pagerank of 2
distantship
google cache blog more frequently than almost all of the other types of sites. But have to carefully to choose what platform you are using, if you are using wordpress and add fresh and unique content like crazy, google would really love to spider your blog, but if you are running full flash website, there is no chance google would love your site cos' in google eyes, you site is as blank as it could get. Also, take a well establish e-commerce site for example, google would only crawl your site once a week tops, provide that you have PR3+...but most importantly, although google pr wouldn't help your SERPs, but it would definitely help your site to be indexed by google more.
gcaughill
brios wrote:
I wanted to start a thread so we can understand google better. I'm not to sure if google indexes each site once a month, or different times depending on what your sitemap says, or what??? I know sometimes google crawls my pages a few times a day but other times nothing the whole day. For those of you that monitor your logs, lets post how often googlebot comes to visit us.

Depends on:

1. Quality of your site.
2. How often you truly add fresh new unqiue content.
3. Your internal site setup (in terms of robots.txt or what you put in your Google sitemap ie. how often you tell them you update your site)

Getting Google sitemap you can tell them how often to crawl each individual page on your site and if they trust you, they generally hold to it.

There is a tool on seobook.com for Firefox that if you do a search on Google, shows you where each page listed was last indexed. Good for comparing your site to your competitors.
redslazers
sites that get spidered the most are forums becuase they have new content all the time, most of the time after someone has made a new thread it takes less than 1 hour for it to appear in Google search
the-guide
I think the most effect is how often the contents are updated, the more often the site update the more often the bot visit the site. If your blog has already indexed (may be has no any page range) just try update or add new content to your blog every half hour and you will see the result.
sonam
I don't think PR is important for indexing. My site sonams.net (pr 0) I got indexed in less then 20 min and google is comming there every day. For some others I need few hours or few days but ones when is indexed Google and Yahoo is there daily.

Sonam
Faraz
Recently it took 1 week after the whole re-designing of a site.