FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

uploading wordpress

Lucy
Ok, so I downloaded wordpress, then uploaded everything (using Firezilla) to Its own folder inside my File manager through Direct Admin, then I copied the index.php to the public_html directory, deleted the index.html that was currently in there, then i just went ahead and moved the entire wordpress folder into my public_html. I opened my site and got the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. Help :O!

and also, wold you guys know how to upload a wp template I found? thanks for the help Razz
badai
if u use search function, u can setup everything within 10 minutes.

when you found the topic (with your search function) basically u need to

1. create database
2. upload everything
3. copy over index.php to your root
4. edit index.php to point to your wp folder

to add another theme, just dump it inside wp-content/themes. when you go to wp-admin, you can see the newly added theme there.

i hope nobody teach him/her how to setup wp, instead teach him/her to use search function. otherwise, we will have redundant topic all over the forum.
Lucy
Thanks for the help I guess >.> I have seen the other topics, but noone has explained the reason why Im getting an error. Thanks anyways..
badai
in your control panel, you can see the error log. paste it here if you can't figure it out.
cr3ativ3
When I install wordpress, I merely upload the zip file into public_html/ then extract it using DirectAdmin's filemanager. Then I proceed to install it at mydomain.tld/wordpress...

That has always worked for me.
Lucy
Thanks for the help, guess i just needed it dumbed down a bit. Wink
cr3ativ3
Lucy wrote:
Thanks for the help, guess i just needed it dumbed down a bit. Wink

As per your private message, my response:

"
Hey,

To change the name you can use FTP (providing you are familiar with that, search for a topic on connecting...). Or you can use the online file manager (I assume you used to upload the archive)... to use this their is a rename button somewhere in there.

The install process is very simple, you will first need to create a database for wordpress to run off of, to create this database you need to go to the main menu of Direct Admin. There is a MySQL section, in here you can create a database.

You will need to make note of the database name, username, and password.

The Database Name and Username will follow something like: username_name

Once you have created this you can use the wordpress installer, which you can access from your browser most likely at http://yourdomain.frih.org/wordpress/ (depending on what folder wordpress is located in...

If you have anymore questions/problems let me know!

Glad I could help! Wink
"