FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Want you to have a look at the film?
yes
84%
 84%  [ 21 ]
no
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

tdossi
Hello the new film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince soon comes to the cinemas. Who is him a fan of Harry Potter and would like to have a look at the film?
sana618
aren't you a bit late in telling this, because this film has already come to the cinemas. well i did not watch this movie in the theater but i watched it in a DVD. and those are released only after the movie is released in the theaters.
i liked the book more then the movie, this movie was a bit slow and i felt as if they were dragging it, a bit boring. the book is more interesting like all the other harry potter books, but i honestly can't say the same about this movie.
Hogwarts
sana618 wrote:
aren't you a bit late in telling this, because this film has already come to the cinemas. well i did not watch this movie in the theater but i watched it in a DVD. and those are released only after the movie is released in the theaters.

Release Date wrote:
15 July 2009 (US, CAN, AUS, NZ)[1]

Oh, wow, you're from to the future Shocked

Maybe you watched one of the five Harry Potter movies that came before this? In future, confirm your facts. Or just go back in time (as you just seemed to have done so already) and fix up your post.
crimson_aria
I just finished the last book of the Harry Potter series so I am now looking forward to watch the upcoming movies. I didn't really understand the Order of the Phoenix when I watched it so I thought it's better to read first. I really liked the Half-blood Prince. I'm actually not much of a fan of the movies but I'm curious so I'm sure me and my friends will watch it when it comes out.
sana618
Hogwarts wrote:
sana618 wrote:

Release Date wrote:
15 July 2009 (US, CAN, AUS, NZ)[1]

Oh, wow, you're from to the future Shocked

Maybe you watched one of the five Harry Potter movies that came before this? In future, confirm your facts. Or just go back in time (as you just seemed to have done so already) and fix up your post.

you are right, i watched the last movie i think is order of phoenix. and i'm sorry for my mistake. but i did say that i did'nt watch it in a theater but a DVD, as for confirming my facts i don't think i'll be repeating my mistake. and as for going back in time i don't have time turner like Hermione Granger,
sorry to disappoint you in this matter.
Denvis
I've seen the trailor and i am a fan of Harry Potter. I've seen all the movies out so far and i'm very excited to see the up coming new film =]
desonium
Of course I am gonna watch the movie.
I have read all the Harry Potter books two or three times and I have seen all the movies.
Crazy_Canuck
I was very disappointed when WB pushed the movie to July 17th. Moving it back two days is nice. I can't wait to see this. I looks great in the trailers.
keane
I'm excited to see this movie! Smile But it's about 2 months away... Sad
Diablosblizz
They set out a false ad by accident, saying that it was coming out in September 2008, boy that was quickly fixed. Smile

I am looking forward to it, hopefully I can get in for free.
Spartan
I'm almost certain I'm going to be disappointed (or not as satisfied as I would like to be), but I'm still watching it.
imera
Spartan wrote:
I'm almost certain I'm going to be disappointed (or not as satisfied as I would like to be), but I'm still watching it.

Most times the ones that has read the books first do get disappointed, when I look at movies which I have read the book of I try to forget the book, so I can see the movie without being to much disappointed.

I was looking forward to see the movie, and was disappointed when I heard that they wouldn't show it until summer. I'm not sure if it's true but what I heard was that they decided to run it this summer because Twilight would be coming out then to, so to make more money they decided to wait with it. It sounds like it was something they would do, but of course many were disappointed.

I like the book, my second favourite is the order of pheonix.
chrimson
The movie should be good and a good lead up to the final battle and thats what the movie is basically going to be. It shows how Tom became Lord Voldemort and sets up nicely for the upcoming dictatorship of the Voldemort and the death eaters. It also sets up that in the end it is Harrys battle and while others can and will help him along the way in the end its is Harrys battle to fight and end for good.

But in the end for a movie about Harry Potter, this is less about Harry and more for the upcoming fightand setting the seen. the best character should be Draco Malfoy who will go from loveable annoying prat to Evil yet Innocent. So its going to be great to see how they pull of this turn. However its also time for the Harry Potter series to go from light hearted to dark, which is needed for the last movie or else they will not do great to the novels.
Starrfoxx
I've already read the book, so I know what will happen. I'll just chuckle when people see this and make comments about the ending. "I can't believe"..., etc.
Nutteloos
They're at the 6th book already? I'd better hurry and read the 7th before I get it spoiled to me by the movie... Confused
tdossi
Hello. I have a question. Is the film still exciting if one has already read the book? Then you know already the action. Is it not better if one reads the book not, but looks only at the film?
RipperGOD
Hell yeah! I love to watch that!
cavey
I saw a trailer. This looks really promising and action packed! Can hardly wait until it comes to my cinema. I'll be the first one in line (except I order online, but you get my point).
Starrfoxx
tdossi wrote:
Hello. I have a question. Is the film still exciting if one has already read the book? Then you know already the action. Is it not better if one reads the book not, but looks only at the film?

I used to think this way, because when I was a kid I read "Return of the Jedi" before it came out in the theatre, and I felt the movie was spoiled.

Later on as I discovered that books are far more interesting than movies and the original book version is always better IMO, I see things differently.

When I watch a movie of a book I've already read, it's almost like "reading" the book a second time, but going over the "best" parts or rather an abridged version of the book. In the last Potter movie, I knew what was going to happen, but I understood why. The movie didn't have time to explain a lot of things that happened, such as Potter's uncle toward the end.

I see movies as a fun way to enjoy a book I've already read all over again. The important thing is that I read the original as the story was meant to be told and not how Hollywood wanted to tell it to me.
crimson_aria
imera wrote:

Most times the ones that has read the books first do get disappointed, when I look at movies which I have read the book of I try to forget the book, so I can see the movie without being to much disappointed.

that's what i'm learning to do when watching adaptations. forget the book and just enjoy the movie as it is.

perhaps it would also work when you watch the movie twice. the first time will always be a comparison. the second time, you might actually just enjoy the movie without the book in mind.

the trailer looks really nice. looking forward.
TurtleShell
Definitely looking forward to the movie, but sad that pretty soon there won't be new HP movies... This has been going on FOREVER! My God, I was in college when these movies started. Going to see the new HP movie and LOTR was like yearly thing for a while there:)
Hogwarts
Starrfoxx wrote:
When I watch a movie of a book I've already read, it's almost like "reading" the book a second time, but going over the "best" parts or rather an abridged version of the book. In the last Potter movie, I knew what was going to happen, but I understood why. The movie didn't have time to explain a lot of things that happened, such as Potter's uncle toward the end.

I see movies as a fun way to enjoy a book I've already read all over again. The important thing is that I read the original as the story was meant to be told and not how Hollywood wanted to tell it to me.

That's kind of my chain of thought on this, too Smile

For example, with Lord of the Rings (especially the extended editions), that was arguably my favourite book-to-movie translation. It contained all the best parts from the books, and was meticulously made to do the book justice. In addition, it even made improvements in some areas. I'm not going to deny, I never really cared much for the elves' singing or Tom Bombadil ^^

Harry Potter films seem to most people to be hit-or-miss in terms of comparison to the books. Not always is the book done justice, as the movies sometimes do things to a sub-par level. Others, however, do the book enough justice for me to enjoy them. Perhaps it's related to what I pictured in my head as to what was happening in the book and how well that agreed with the movie?
kutekitten
I'm currently rereading the Harry Potter series (it's been a while) and I just recently got my younger brother reading the books. I really enjoyed the first few movies, they stuck to the book fairly well and didn't leave out too much. The 5th movie was a bit of a disappointment though, I think they should've made it into 2 movies because it's just such a big book compared to the rest, and they left out so much, like where did quiddich go? That was huge at the beginning, but they don't even mention it in the 5th... and the 5th was huge with quiddich, like Ron getting on the team, and Harry and the twins getting banned from it. My younger brother has sen all the movies and has never read the books, and I'm constantly having to correct him (we don't usually have much to talk about, this has given us something we can talk about without having totally different opinions). I'm not going to watch the movie until it comes out on dvd, I don't see much point in spending a ton of money on it if I can be patient and borrow it from a friend (Razz).
TurtleShell
Hogwarts wrote:
Starrfoxx wrote:

That's kind of my chain of thought on this, too Smile

For example, with Lord of the Rings (especially the extended editions), that was arguably my favourite book-to-movie translation. It contained all the best parts from the books, and was meticulously made to do the book justice. In addition, it even made improvements in some areas. I'm not going to deny, I never really cared much for the elves' singing or Tom Bombadil ^^

Harry Potter films seem to most people to be hit-or-miss in terms of comparison to the books. Not always is the book done justice, as the movies sometimes do things to a sub-par level. Others, however, do the book enough justice for me to enjoy them. Perhaps it's related to what I pictured in my head as to what was happening in the book and how well that agreed with the movie?

The Harry Potter movies are a nice accompaniment to the books. They really don't stand on their own as movies, which makes them weak films. Even though the movie story lines are poorly conveyed, they've all been visually rich, and watching them is like seeing the book in pictures, mixed with bad dialogue:) I enjoy them as a kind of supplement to the book, like an appendix.

Yes, LOTR movies are fabulous, like the books. I've never seen an adaption that is truer to the book than those movies. And I really didn't care for Tom Bombadil either, so I was glad to see him go.
bchuminx
cool cant hardly wait for this movie! it is getting darker, hopefully the movie will live the expectation out of the book..as the previous one although was gripping but quite disappointing
kriszara
I really didn't care if I saw this one in the theatre or not because I really disliked "The Order of the Phoenix" both the book and the movie.
In fact I quit reading the books after Order, I disliked it that much.
But I have a daughter and a husband who are fans so off to the theatre we went.
It was much better than Phoenix, good enough that I may go back and read the last two books.
TurtleShell
So I went to see this last weekend. We had a great time! The movie is good. I don't expect a lot from the films, so perhaps my enjoyment was based on a lowered opinion, but I thought that the acting was pretty good for what it was and the plot was a lot smoother than it sometimes is.
anakin_skyrunner
To be honest, I think the movie suc*** (don't know if I'm allowed to write that word) - the book was so great and the movie was just... so different, all that love, bah. The music was good though.

Nevertheless I'm going to buy the DVD once it's out.. There were some good scenes in it after all.
the zephyrus
It's a nice action film if you don't think too hard while watching it. The director was definitely going at "artistic liberty" in adaptation. In some sense, it was telling a different story than the book. But the story was good, so I'm ok with it. Might offend some serious fans.
crimson_aria
kriszara wrote:
I really didn't care if I saw this one in the theatre or not because I really disliked "The Order of the Phoenix" both the book and the movie.
In fact I quit reading the books after Order, I disliked it that much.
But I have a daughter and a husband who are fans so off to the theatre we went.
It was much better than Phoenix, good enough that I may go back and read the last two books.

I liked The Order of the Phoenix but Harry's reaction at the last event of the book really annoyed me so much that I think it's my least favorite among the seven books. XD

I liked The Half-blood Prince. there were parts in the book that were gone and scenes that weren't in the book but it's not too much. dark and a lil funny. I couldn't see the point of the Weasley's house burning down, though. they could have deleted that and included some other part. what made me sad was that they deleted one of my favorite parts in the book, the clinic incident when Billy got attacked by Greyback. that scene in the book was very meaningful for me, all the feelings revelation and change of heart, short but really sweet. but I kind of understand why they had to exclude that though. I also didn't like how Ginny got so flirtatious in the movie with Harry. but my only real complain in the movie was Dumbledore's death. I wanted SO MUCH more. it didn't affect me for someone who read the book, and my friend who didn't read the book didn't get affected either. nonetheless, I still think it's a good adaptation. not great, not my favorite, but good enough.
joostvane
Hey,

I watched the movie on the day of the release, but just got on this topic by now. I read all the books, watched all the films. I think the books are the best, and the movies were also very good. But Halfblood Prince really dissapointed me. It got too much off the book, much more than the other ones.

I didn't like the movie at all =( I hope the last one (both the parts) are better, because I really enjoyed all the other movies.
desonium
You can say that I am a fan of Harry Potter, because I watched all the movies till now and I read the books two times.
I think I buy the dvd when the movie is on dvd. I dont have time at the moment to go to the cinema.
scary
I watched the movie yesterday...Well...some moments are so different from the book, that they SUCK...

Seriously, Harry and Ginny didn't kiss in that room, where in the book Harry hides the Potions Book from Snape... Shocked

Aaaand, when Dumbledore died, Harry and Hermione didn't talk about Harry and Ginny's relationship, no-Harry and Ginny separated then (stupid Harry with his gaylish missions to kill Voldemort Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy)...And Ron didn't accept Harry and Ginny in the end - he accepted then when EVERYONE from Griffindor saw them kiss after a quiddich match...

FOR EXAMPLE :>
guissmo
I didn't really understand much of the new movie since I only watched Azkaban so long ago.
chartcentral
Being a Harry Potter Book fan, the movie didn't quite satisfy. It had its nice moments, but generally, it was just okay, nothing really spectacular. Now, I'm just hoping for the 2-part Deathly Hallows movie to be better than this; it has to be a good if not great finale.
tdossi
Hello. I found the part Great. However, am stretched already very much on the finale. We determines very full of suspense and interesting.
hangnhu
Saw HP&Half Blood Prince last week, so disappointed. If that's how the book ended, I hope the rest of it would make up, though I won't be reading it for a few years.

Why does HP&Deadly Hollow has to be in two movies/parts?
And why is Snape a Half Blood prince? it makes no sense and Dumbodeor is dead, it not right!
Is it me or whenever the we 'see' the Dark Lord Vodemor in his youth, you don't see him in present?

I wonder if the deadly hollow is the one who got the horac, or that locket thingy
Starrfoxx
I still haven't had a chance to see the movie yet on the big screen. From the mixed reviews that I've been reading, I'm wondering if I really missed much. I already know what happens from reading the book. I believe the movie has left the major screens in our area, so I've been keeping my eye open if and when it goes to the Dollar Theatre.

I've also been looking for a date on when it will be released to DVD. Has anyone been able to find any good information on that? I'm guessing possibly a Christmas release.
PleoMaster
I though this movie was a big let down to the harry potter franchize. They missed alot of stuff out which needed to be displayed in the movie to make a good ending for the franchise of harry potter movie series.
juezy
Harry potter is getting so boring nowadays. Its just not thrilling enough after you have read the book. The book is basically the spoiler or other way around. Anyways other than harry potter i hope they release the parody version of it, Barry Trotter Smile
Rajiev
This came to sri lanka lately .

have to watch after my exams.

Hope the show will stay long in the best quality cinemas for that long Confused I hate paying and getting bad wuality pictures Sad

Lately this happend to me when I went to watch Transformers 2 <_<
tdossi
juezy wrote:
Harry potter is getting so boring nowadays. Its just not thrilling enough after you have read the book. The book is basically the spoiler or other way around. Anyways other than harry potter i hope they release the parody version of it, Barry Trotter Smile

One is able to do hello, the books about Barry Trotter already about http://www.barrytrotter.com/trybuy.htm
order. It is interesting certainly.
Barry Trotter is a parody series of the Harry Potter's saga which was written about the American satire author Michael Gerber. She exists of three books, Barry Trotter and the shameless parody, to the sequel Barry Trotter and the superfluous continuation and the Prequel Barry Trotter and the impossible beginning.
Three parts of the row appeared in the years 2002, in 2003 and 2004 in Great Britain and the USA, after a little while also in Germany. The first part reached best-seller status and paved therefore for the whole row the way to the cult status.

The action turns on the famous magic pupil Barry Trotter, his friends ermines Cringer and Lonald Measly, Barrys arch-enemy lord Valumart and headmaster Alpo Bumblemore. The figures have already arisen in a large part of the action rope and follow (more or less serious) employments. Barry mostly tries to escape the constant posters Valumarts in other respects to pull his head from the loop which mostly threatens him in the form of earlier committed mistakes.
Starrfoxx
I've seen the movie now, and I rather liked it. True, there is a lot missing from the book, and there are things left unexplained. The issue with Snape had me really questioning his allegiance in the book, but in the movie it seemed a little too obvious. (Trying not to ruin anything for those who haven't read or seen the movie).

Visually, I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the dialogue was great, even if it was changed up a bit. It still kept things on track just like the book did. And the cavern with the dangerous lake was about as freaky as I had envisioned in the book.

Where was Neville? Where were Malfoy's two buddies? A bit annoying that they were left out, especially since they had important roles to play in the book.
anakin_skyrunner
Amazon delivered the DVD today, I like the extras!
Also watched some of my favorite scenes of the movie, it really has its ups - but also many (if not too many) downs Sad
It's really a pity. Could have been such a great movie.
ato784
personally i liked the first three books or so and then they just started to get old to me and i no longer liked them anymore. the characters seemed to grow up to fast to me and they did not seem to stay the same people that they were just a half year ago.
Rajiev
Arh, The worst ever potter movie, ever Mad

IT JUST SUCK.

What the hell was it? it is like a intro to the next movie, Just a beginning no end Surprised

When I was getting ready for the climax, it started displaying credits Surprised :p

hi hi hi. waste of time and money Sad

Forgive me is i am too sarcastic
Rajiev
This Film sucks big time. Just a Beggining and a story, no END X(

I hate it Evil or Very Mad
tdossi
Hello. But there come only two parts. And then one has reached the end. Then the end is there
silverdown
I want to see this i hope ti is good I also heard that the Deathly Hollows or whatever it's called will be a two parter.... that will stink since you would wanna know waht happens
Starrfoxx
silverdown wrote:
I want to see this i hope ti is good I also heard that the Deathly Hollows or whatever it's called will be a two parter.... that will stink since you would wanna know waht happens

Well, it won't stink so much. I've already read the book, so I know what's going to happen anyway. Does this "two parter" remind anyone of parts 2 and 3 of The Matrix? I remember the 2nd one coming out in Nov/Dec, and then part 3 was released in the Spring. Seems like the same thing is happening with Harry Potter: Deathly Hollows. I wonder if the same thing will happen with The Hobbit also, or if there will be a year between both parts.
tdossi
To Dumbledores death Harry must come along without him on the extremely danderous search for the remaining Horkruxen. However, he is not only: His loyal friends Ron and Hermine stand to him to side. After he escapes shortly before his 17th birthday only scarcely lord Voldemort and loses on the run a loyal friend, the adventure goes off for three only properly. The magic minister is murdered, the dark lord comes to the power and Harry it is searched as an undesirable number 1 everywhere. Harry is nowhere sure on his trip and runs the risk more than only once, discovers and to be killed. When again his magic wand breaks, everything seems to to have been free of charge. How should he survive only without him and find the remaining Horkruxe? There he discovers the legend around the sanctums of the death. However, are this not only a fairy tale? His adventure goes on and Harry must learn to set priorities. When him his way leads back to Hogwarts, he finds there more than only the whole truth. But also lord Voldemort waits for him. It comes to a bitter fight for life and death...
tdossi
Bewitched Finale

End of a magical career, British actor Daniel Radcliffe is his wand on the nail - and in tears. The last scene of the very last Harry Potter film is turned off.

London - For years, he enchanted young and older viewers, but now film magician Harry Potter goes into early retirement: It's a wrap for the seventh and last strip, it's called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" broke. The crew had taken leave of each other, sobbing. "Everybody was completely destroyed on the ground. It was really very sad and we cried a lot," said Daniel Radcliffe.

For a decade now the shooting to run for the various film adaptations of the Potter saga, and the initial child actors have grown up with their roles. After performing career Radcliffe was drawn back to the stages of the world. Next year, the 20-year-old will be shown again on Broadway.
natilovesmike
I like the harry potter books a lot!...the movies are OK...but nothing beats a good book.
tdossi
In a film you can not show everything, because time is not sufficient.
In a book you can describe a lot of Assignment of everything.
Even my own imagination is required.
in the film, everything is set.
tdossi
Harry Potter is this time from a dangerous and seemingly impossible task: he must find and destroy Voldemort's remaining horcruxes. Never before has Harry felt so alone, never his future seemed bleak. But Harry must somehow find the strength within themselves to meet this challenge. He has the warmth and security of the Community of "The Burrow" behind and go relentlessly without fear or hesitation on his way to the end.

In this seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series JK supplies Rowling dramatically in the desired answers to the many questions surfaced. The fascinating, artistically intricate plot twists and performs breathtaking shows the author once again as a masterful storyteller ...
ajitha999
I saw a trailer. This looks really promising and action packed! Can hardly wait until it comes to my cinema. I'll be the first one in line (except I order online, but you get my point).
harry porter movie3 is my favarite movi
soo very good and hurrar movie Confused Confused Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
tdossi
Yes, I can not wait until the new Harry Potter movie comes. Film 3 I also find great.
tdossi
When on 18 November, the first part of the finale of Harry Potter coming to the movies, then the hunt is for the Horcruxes, objects bound to the soul shards of Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) soul, in the center. And, the three friends - Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) - hard times are, as the wizarding world has become dark and dangerous, since the Dark Lord's hosts again sends out, to fear and to spread terror. But no one is so much hunted like Harry Potter - to bring him alive to Voldemort, that would be for each Totesser master's exam. The recently released trailer gives a good impression of this dark world and the difficult, conflict-laden task, which took over the young wizard.

The director of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" became David Yates, who has directed the previous two films "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The second part of the finale by the way, in July 2011 to the movies.
alvarorojas4
I can't wait Smile
The end of this wonderful saga... :'(
This two last films will be fantastic Very Happy
Blummer
Well. I've read the original book and I was expecting something special. I think they just concentrated all their superpowers on the last two films, though I still think there was nothing like films 1-4, especially 3d one. What I don't understand is how they ruined the beauty of acting of such fantastic actors like Rickman. I still think the director is to blame. I acknowledge the scriptwriter also had to work hard, but he was instructed by Hollywood. Sadly, they had to cut down all the beauty of the original novel.